so afraid to call

swimmergirl

Things are bad, like probably the worst ever, and I can't make myself call anyone for help, something about saying the words, I need help, or I am on the verge of killling myself, or I feel so bad I can barely move or I keep crying for no damn reason, I can't eat, I don't even want to shower, and the apathy sometimes stops me dead in my tracks...why can't I tell the people who are there to help me, who I pay to help me, why can't I pick up the phone and tell them? Why do I feel so intrusive? So weak? So.... I dont know, inadequate.

What would I even say? Why am I convinced that nothing they could say would help? Why won't I give them a chance?

Is anyone good at calling their treatment team for help? How do you do it? What do you say?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
call crisis and say i need help
they will help you talk from there
tell me you are wanting life to end
tell them you need help NOW not later NOW okay

IV2010

call crisis and say i need help
they will help you talk from there
tell me you are wanting life to end
tell them you need help NOW not later NOW okay
good advice from violet...
i like this quote which has helped me many times over the years...
"feel the fear and do it anyway"
it's good you realise you need to ring someone for help...
how about....
"my name is **** I'm in crisis and I need help now..please help me"
:hug:

swimmergirl

I really need some help asking for help. kinda ridiculous, but true. Otherwise, it is just getting easier to end it because I feel like there is no hope, feel trapped in my own head, going down the drain faster and faster.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Why not call your therapist and tell him how you are doing? that is what he is there for...and talk online so that you know there are ppl here who care...PM me if I can be of any help...big hugs, J

downunder

I feel exactly like you. I just can't do it. Could you let me know if you do it, and how you did it. I just don't know where to start or what to say. Then I think what if I am suddenly not upset when I call, will they think I am just calling for something to do. At work today I just couldn't stop crying after a silly remark.

downunder

What I do and when my husband sees I am struggling, he says to me why don't you ring so and so, I say I am too scared, so he rings them for me. Seems to work for me, because then when they ring you, you are suddenly on the spot and have to talk. So can you get a friend or someone else to ring for you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00