so afraid

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by please forgive me, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. please forgive me

please forgive me Account Closed

, i am afraid of being here with out my friend, i tried to make it this past week .
    i have felt this feeling of emptiness and sadness, i dont want to go on i battle every day with these thoughts all day and all night long, cant eat , he would be ashamed of me, i just want to die i am so alone hes gone and everyone says its my fault, why is this world so cruel, so afraid of going crazy. just want to die.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your feeling this way, this world can be cruel but there is some good in it. Screw what other people say. It's hard to help yourself when other people blame you. You don't need that. Listen to yourself and its possible to feel something again. Sadness can melt away and develop into something that will make you stronger. It's tough but it's possible to get better. I hope it gets better for you.

3. Psych77

Psych77 Well-Known Member

I am very familiar with the pattern of thoughts you are expressing - quickly shifting from one thought to another, and all of them bad. It's hard to put the brakes on that kind of thinking.

Your friend would not be ashamed of you. He would understand exactly what you are going through - he of all people would know! And that's why he wouldn't believe it's your fault. Because it's not. And he wouldn't want the same thing that took him to take you as well. So don't let it. :hug:

When people are grieved, they feel scared and helpless, because something happened that they had no control over. It makes them feel better to blame someone, and, as cruel as it is, they will frequently do just that, because the feelings they are having are so powerful, and their conscience gets blinded in their frantic search for relief. It makes them believe that someone has control, and could have stopped it. It gives an explanation to something that can't be simply explained.

Talk to people who weren't involved in the situation, who won't feel better blaming you. You need to have time in your life that is not focused on this event and the aftermath - you can only stand so much grief at one time, and then you need a rest. No one is strong enough to grieve continuously. Spend some time away from the situation. Have some positive time.

We're all here for you.

4. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Very well said, and wise advice.

Of course, when we are so completely consumed by a traumatic event, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, it is excruciatingly hard to put any distance between us and what happened. Nonetheless, it is important to try.

One minute, five minutes, ten minutes...hopefully longer. Please try to find a positive distraction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.