So Alone but dont want to be

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Poirot, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poirot

Poirot Guest

I have no friends. I have no one to talk to.Mainly becuase im ugly have no confidence and never trust, I have been stuck in a rut for over a year. The thing is i dont want to be like this. Does anyone know if there are special groups or get togethers for loners or extreme introverts becuase im coming to the end of the line and i want help. I am from England and would love to find a group like this or any individuals who would like to try and make a freind with somone who understands and will never judge. Im just sick of the lonliness and dont know how much more i can take. Feel free to pm me or add me on msn if your to want to build a freindship and escape lonerism with me or please recommened me somewhere but no shrink.

2. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

Well, there really ought to be a group for loners, shouldn't there? It would have helped me if I had found something like that.

I'm in the US, so I have no idea what GB has to offer. As far as online stuff goes, the forum Psych Central deals with many different kinds of mental health issues and you might want to see if they have anything that appeals to you.

Feel free to Pm me if you want.

3. Poirot

Poirot Guest

Thanks Justafool. There should be a depressions annononous like they do for Alcholics and Drug addicts. These guys get togther and help eachother so why cant we??? I am destined to be alone I think.

I may PM you sometime but I think ive annoyed a couple of people already so not sure.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

It's a shame you said you don't want to see a shrink, because as strange as it sounds, seeing a shrink (of sorts) was how I made some really good friends. Unfortunately it wasn't in the London, so I never see these people anymore.

Group Therapy. Your Doctor can refer you to it. When people first start it's pretty quiet, you won't say much for a few sessions (one girl didn't speak for 8 sessions) but then she finally opened up. After hearing about other peoples experiences and problems, it helps you to speak up about your own, even if at first you just chip in your 2 cents worth, over time you - hopefully - become more confident to speak more and more, you start to get comfortable with the therapist who runs the sessions, the other people in the group, everybody starts to relax into it and it just gets easier and easier.
    Kind of like in AA and Narcotics Anon groups, there's a buddy system. Where if you were feeling particularly bad one day you had someone you could call any time of the day or night who would talk you back from the ledge.
    It was one of the only/most beneficial things I ever did and if I ever feel myself drifting back to where I was back then, I'd do it again.

It's a great place to help overcome your shyness and social phobias with people who will understand and be patient, even people who can 100% relate. Which is more than what I could've asked for.
    It's nice to see others nodding in agreement when you say something that you have felt nobody 'normal' would ever be able to understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.