So alone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Please hold my hand 'coz it's lonely in here.

:sad:

2. pensive1981

pensive1981 Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I'm willing to bet you've got more friends here who also are...

3. pensive1981

What's up today? What has you feeling so down?

4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

It's hard to explain. It's just that I feel so isolated. All I have is work and that's it.

My best friend is having emotional and physical problems that has been going on for a long time. I help, but it's not enough. I can't relieve her suffering, and it makes me feel helpless.

Without her, I don't know what I have left. She's all I talk to these days.

5. pensive1981

I hear you. Well, it sounds like you have your friend as a reason to stick around (both because she's there for you and benefits from your help). That's definitely something to build on if you ask me.

Are there other areas of your life that could use work that you think are changeable?

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

It's hard when a close friend is suffering but I'm sure you're helping more than you realise. Sometimes, just being there and being willing to support them if they want it is a help. Knowing someone cares enough to stick by you. That's what friends are for. Being in work can be good, it can get you out the house to make you feel less isolated, do you get on with anyone at work? Perhaps checking out some local events going on in your area will make you feel a lil better, or even just going out for a walk during the day. A bit of fresh air and escape from everything. Here if you wanna talk. :hug:

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Pit.

You're not alone, you have us :handinhand:

I hope you feel better soon x

8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your support.

:sf:

9. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi.....i'm here too! you are definitely not alone hun! i think you are a wonderful friend - you must be such a comfort to your friend as they are going through these difficult problems. pm if you need to talk - :hug:

10. pit

pit Well-Known Member

thanks, hun!

:hug:

11. pensive1981

Hang in there, pit. I hope it's as obvious to you as it is to me that you're valued around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.