So, apparently my co-workers think I am an idiot

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Yes, apparently a co-worker told me tonight that two other co-workers called me an idiot countless times. Is life really worth living if everyone you encounter thinks yout stupid? I'm debating that right now...I'm sick and tired of all the criticism, I have nothing to look forward to and each and every day is simply a drain.

It's not worth it, is it?

2. InnerStrength

Haha, guess not.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

People can really suck sometimes. Sorry you're having to go through that. But not everyone is the same.

4. InnerStrength

Yeah, thanks. Guess it is hard to come up with words of comfort when the situation is so bleak.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No you are doing a job just like them and they are the idiots for judging others like they do.. Ignore people like them they are the ones with a problem not you they are obviously with low self esteem to be having to hurt others that way. Ignore them they will move on to someone else if you ignore them

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Colleagues/Bosses can be some of the worst people to come up with criticism. I know it's easier said than done but don't let it get to you, I'm sure people I have worked with have thought the same of me in the past because I know for sure I have thought that way about some of them.
    Don't let a few idiots in your work place make you feel so low, because they are in no way indicative of 'everyone you encounter', they are just two small minded fools.

7. Stray

Stray Account Closed

Why do they think you are an idiot? People always seem to have problems with me aswell wherever i go lol, can't think why. :cool: Perhaps you could ask them what their problem is?

8. Tomas

Tomas Well-Known Member

Apparently your co workers are dicks.

Most people think i'm stupid aswell, when the truth is i'm more aware and knowledgeble than these reality TV obsessive scumbags will ever be.

I don't know you, but i'll guess that they are the idiots, and not you.

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've worked jobs where I was thought stupid, though I was smarter than the lot... Don't worry about it.

10. L108935

L108935 Well-Known Member

It's not bad to be stupid. I'm one of the stupidest people in the world. People will always be criticizing everyone else, but that's just because they're stupid too. Being stupid is not a reason to feel bad.

11. mike308

mike308 Well-Known Member

tell them to "fuck-off"
    Or you could be an ass-hole like they are and set them up..
    Every one makes mistakes at work. Wait until those two do and make sure their boss knows about it.
    In a subtle and "constructive" way of course.
    I really hate back-stabbers.

12. InnerStrength

Hey thanks for the replies everyone. The situation is NOT as bad as I made it out to be. Apparently, it was more of a personality conflict, from what I surmised (finding out new info). Regardless, I'm finding myself not caring too much about the whole thing. Anyway, I try to make more individualized responses tomorrow. Thanks again for the support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.