so ashamed of myself...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Moon_Penguin, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moon_Penguin

Moon_Penguin Penguin astronaut extraordinaire

i hadn't cut for 3 weeks. this is the longest ive gone in a few years and last night. i got abit drunk. and even tho i had a very good friend ofmine on msn tellin me to stop and not to do it i still did it. on cam to him. its embarasing and now i have to hide it from my bf and family. just so ashamed of it.

2. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel ashamed... Think of it as a set back. You hadn't cut for 3 weeks which is the the longest you have ever gone without harming yourself... Thats an amazing achievement! I think you can probably blame the alcohol here... I sometimes get down when I'm on my own and I've had a drink. Try to avoid alcohol... not entirely just have a drink when you're around friends, that way the temptation to harm will not be as strong. Remember alcohol can act as a depressant. Can you not tell your family? Perhaps they could offer you some much needed support? Don't feel ashamed you have no reason to be :smile:

3. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I haven't cut in years. But when i drink i just get that feeling. Like i missing something. I just need it.. I'll drag a blade across my skin over and over again. The only thing keeping me from pressing down is the fear that ill revert to my old self. But how long will that last?

I suggest you stop drinking too. If your serious about stopping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.