So close... just to have it fall...

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Broken Wings, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I just... I need a place to say this, becuase it's too hard to tell it to my mum yet.

I attempted suicide this last Wednesday.
    I was going to <mod edit-gentlelady-methods>, but ended up with a ,mod edit-gentlelady-methods>
    I have a heating pipe in my room, ,mod edit-gentlelady-methods>. I wasn't sure if it'd hold my weight, but I tried.

I was half sitting, and completely blacked out, I had that moment of peace... the darkness...

Then that stupid pipe fell. Hit me in the head. Shocked me right out of my blackness. Seeing it broken there, even though I was being ,<mod edit-gentlelady-methods> I needed to fix it. I can't leave something broken. So I untied the knot, and fixed the pipe. Then I just couldn't find another place for the<mod edit-gentlelady-methods>

I still feel suicidal, and I'm getting general help, I just neded a place to say this to, so that I can work up the courage to tell my mum... and get that place in the hospitial... where I should be, because I'm only going to hurt myself again... At least she'd feel better.

=^-^=

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi BrokenWings. Maybe the pipe falling and hitting you, was a sign that you're not supposed to end your life this way. It kind of reminds me of the story of Issac Newton when he was hit in the head by an apple and figured out that gravity caused it to fall. Why not talk about what's been bothering you?

3. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

That happened to me, only it wasn't a pipe. And I was trying to cut my wrist not my throat.

Well done for deciding to seek help :)

4. D3ath

D3ath Well-Known Member

I thought you was a teacher xD. He didn't discover gravity by an apple falling on his head :p.

Anyway..

I know how difficult it is to share it with your parents that yuor suacidal im pretty sure mine knows, however i havent told her yet even though i want too.

I too probably going to end up getting my self sectioned volountary, i know i need help although i still dont want it.

Maybe the pipe breaking was a sign, maybe it will be the start to over coming this depression. After all depression is the biggest problem we all have.

5. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

:laugh:

6. D3ath

D3ath Well-Known Member

@(-.-)@ Theres a weird rule apparently where you cant edit posts after 60minutes of posting :S.

Anyway regarding my comment on newton theory.

Wah! :'( Im not sure about the apple being true, anyway maybe it gave him the idea. Not sure; wish i could ask him xD. I know most of the theory was worked out regarding the orbit of everything i don't know :eek:. Your older and wiser then me :p

7. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

Yep; perfectly true the apple thing
    He then wondered why the apple went straight to the ground and how the trajectory and fall could be calculated
    then Einstein took Newton previous theory and ameliorated it
    Just thought Id react on this one because its such an interesting story

However, regarding the OP, I have to say that its wise and meaning that you still care that you plan to tell your mom
    Having this reaction means you still have hope and we all know that hope is a key thing in the depression process

have agood luck on this one

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: hang in there hun

9. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

Guess I'll update this some...

Since then I've mentioned it to my mum, gone to the hospital (twice...), and have changed medications(several times). Things keep going up and down, so I'm not sure how I feel any more...

^^;;

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad to hear you have been able to tell your mom and get some help. It takes time to find the right combination of meds if they are going to work for you. Don't give up just when you have begun. Please keep us updated. we want to know how you are. :hug:

11. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're doing better than you were when you tried to hang yourself on the heating pipe, at least. Remember, there is plenty of time for you to get better. Just take things one step at a time. Like your signature infers, your life is someone controlled by what you're going through. Once you are able to cope, it will be easier to deal with your life. Before you know it, I bet you'll be happy with yourself. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.