So close to relapsing

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by barto, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barto

barto Well-Known Member

Once I nearly made it 6 months without self harming (I broke that on March 6th) and I haven't done it since. But tonight, I'm hounded with thoughts and I just can't shake it. For the last two hours, I've been searching my room desperately trying to find the thing I normally harm with, but to no luck (undoubtedly a good thing), but that's not really doing anything. I even contemplated covering a glass bottle with a pillow to stifle me breaking it

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you can keep busy on go for awalk get out of that room that space your in. Keep safe okay please hugs to you

3. barto

barto Well-Known Member

I made it through last night on sheer willpower alone, but there's also this night and the next and so on. I haven't had urges this great in a long time.

4. total eclipse

im so proud of you way to go you can make it through okay keep talking here keep letting go of the pain here okay hugs

5. barto

barto Well-Known Member

Made it through last night by distracting myself with SF and I'm going on a tour of a college and seeing a play tonight. Hopefully these feelings would pass by then

6. total eclipse

sending you lots of positive hugs okay to keep you feeling safe:hugtackles::hugtackles:

7. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

What do you think caused the relapse? Please don't hesitate to talk about it. Take care of yourself.

8. barto

barto Well-Known Member

You know, I'm not entirely sure. I guess it's from a combination of stress and lack of sleep (5 days to be exact).

Thank you :) :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.