So confused,

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by vanshippilot, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanshippilot

vanshippilot New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new here so I guess I'll just get right down to it.
    Im in my 20's and I've been dating one girl for a while now. To make a long post a lot easier to read I'll just say she's late. I don't have it in me to keep myself together half the time and I know that I would only destroy several lives if I were to try and be a parent now. I have no job, no money, no prospects. If she's pregnant I know I will not be man enough to do the right thing. I've been thinking about getting a good life insurance policy on myself and just ending it. That way every thing's initially paid for and I don't have to continually let my family down. Does anyone have any thoughts? Yes No Maybe????? If it weren't for my loving father I would have just quit a long time ago. He's the only reason I haven't just gave up in the past when I just couldn't hang on. But now is different.

It seems like in this case I'd be worth more dead than alive,.....
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I hope you be a man and be there to support her!
    how dare you get her pregnabt and then piss off. Imagaine what that would do to her and the unborn child.

Anyway! she may not even be pregnant, did you use protection, have her take a test and if it is positive then work from there. She could always get an abortion, it things arent good financially and emotionally for you both.
  3. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

getting a life insurance then commiting suicide is a very bad idea.. insurance wont pay if its suicide..
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

It depends on the company.
    eg. some only cover suicide after 12-18 months.
  5. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

well i didnt know that..

all the ones i have ever seen say that suicide is not covered, being drunk or on drugs not covered, being in a chase from police or any illegal activity , etc.. things like that.. could be in different areas too, like in the us and london would be different.. dont really know????
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

most companies are different like I said. Some do some dont and some have a time period...
  7. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Taking out a life insurance and committing suicide in the hope that your problems will go away is a bad idea. The suicide provision states that if the person covered by the life insurance policy dies as the result of suicide within two years from the policy issue date then any beneficiaries would not be able to collect the death benefit.

You are finding yourself in an situation in which you just have to be bigger than yourself. There are many more options open for you. First, if her period is late this doesn't automatically mean she is pregnant. So just wait. If she is, than it is not up to you to manipulate many lifes (including that of an unborn child) with the easy option (committing suicide).

Communication with your partner about what you gonna do is essential. Don't think the issue of having a child will go away, it just doesn't. Decisions have to be made. Do you want to keep the child? If not, what options are there? How many people do you want to involve in making a decision?

Taking out a life insurance in the hope that the blood money your partner (and child) are likely to receive will make the problems go away in the presence....? Trust me, this is born out of desperation, and as I mentioned before: this time you just have to be bigger than your inability of dealing with the situation you find yourself in.

8. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

if she is pregnant, dont stress too much about it, it will seem overwhelming but it is easier to deal w/ than you think. remember you are not in her position, imagine how daunting it is for her, and to have the guy who contributed to this situation just bail out is even more frightening. the descision of what she does w/ the child is hers alone, she must not be made to do anything she is uncomfortable w/, i.e abortion or adoption, the long term effects that could have on her psychologically are devestating. also dont feel the need to get married for the childs sake as this could mess it up even more. the best is just to be there and support her through it, buy diapers, buy toys, buy food, play w/ him/her, it doesnt have to turn your life upside down. you have 9 months before the little tot arrives so you got some time to prepare and then another 5 before it needs to go to school, anything can be achieved in that time. give it a chance you may just completely fall for the little one and then imagine if you never got to experience that because you were too afraid of responsibility.
  9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Don't leave her. If she is pregnant then how do you think she would feel if you left for good. It may all seem scary at first but it really isn't. Being a parent is a good thing. You both need to stick together and make things work. It will all work out.

All the best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.