So depressed, will this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poirot

Hi i am very depressed and I want a way out. One option I have is going traveling round the world. At 1st I was scared as I am alone, but know I don't have that fear. I am willing to go alone and see whats out there, maybe it might change me? Maybe I may find something out there to make me happy?

Has anyone have experience of doing this when depressed, and did it improve situations or worsen?

lost in space

I didn't go around the world...but I moved from Indiana (one of the most depressing places I've ever lived) to Arizona...where there is a lot of sunshine and Arizona is a very progressive state...there were things to do...things to look foward to...it was very spacious and open...it help my depression a lot...even to the point of not having to consume alcohol...which I had done for several years...I was back in Indiana for almost 10 years to the day when I went into a major depressive episode...so I do think place can play a big part in our depression. I'm now trying to get out of Indiana before I kill myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
I think traveling always changes you, you always develop, grow, learn some new things, some things that may help you out of your depression. I think I would like to travel in the future, I think you should do it, I don't see what harm it could give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00