So depressed, will this help?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Poirot, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poirot

Poirot Guest

Hi i am very depressed and I want a way out. One option I have is going traveling round the world. At 1st I was scared as I am alone, but know I don't have that fear. I am willing to go alone and see whats out there, maybe it might change me? Maybe I may find something out there to make me happy?

Has anyone have experience of doing this when depressed, and did it improve situations or worsen?
  2. lost in space

lost in space Well-Known Member

I didn't go around the world...but I moved from Indiana (one of the most depressing places I've ever lived) to Arizona...where there is a lot of sunshine and Arizona is a very progressive state...there were things to do...things to look foward was very spacious and help my depression a lot...even to the point of not having to consume alcohol...which I had done for several years...I was back in Indiana for almost 10 years to the day when I went into a major depressive I do think place can play a big part in our depression. I'm now trying to get out of Indiana before I kill myself.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2007
  3. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I think traveling always changes you, you always develop, grow, learn some new things, some things that may help you out of your depression. I think I would like to travel in the future, I think you should do it, I don't see what harm it could give you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.