so depressed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lymeinside, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lymeinside

lymeinside Well-Known Member

what do you do when you're feeling extremely, profoundly depressed? i don't even want to move. i'm sitting here in the darkness at 4am in the morning. thinking about death.
  2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

How about trying to make me understand how you are feeling - I can see you're right at the bottom, but I don't know how that is for you. I don't know your situation, maybe you could explain a bit, maybe I can begin to get a sense of how bad it is for you.

Hope you are still online - if you want PM me.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Unfortunately lack of motivation is one side of depression.. I have the same problem.. I have found thru therapy I have grown a little more stable.. I can at least get out of the house in the early hours of the morning..I have no answers except find yourself a good therapist..They can at least teach you coping skills..Then you have us to talk to and seek support..Take care!!
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

can youthink of a time when you were calm happy sometimes this helps bring me out of depression as it actually gets me to cry and release some of the pain. I try to have one thing i need to do in the morning this is what helps me get out of my bed and moving. Talk to a therapist who will help you deal with all the saddness it does help and always come here to vent and get support you need. If you cannot kick that feeling of harming self then call crisis okay talk withsomeone who will care there. A kind voice sometimes helps alot.
  5. unaffected

unaffected Member

Yea I noticed lately that if I cry I seem to get over the sadness a bit faster but I just feel sick thinking about when it will happened next
    Was up till 3 in the morning the other day thinking about my lack of success and my ex
  6. lymeinside

lymeinside Well-Known Member

yes, when i am able to cry it's such a relief. it's hard to get to that point, i have to really work myself up.

it's another one of those nights and i really wish i could cry to have some release. i'm just so, so depressed. =(
  7. sad panda

sad panda Well-Known Member

I try to get through it. Cause I always know i'll never always feel this way. Things will get better sooner or later, believe me they will.
  8. Mr A and the sky pilots

Mr A and the sky pilots Well-Known Member

See your GP, you can get anti-depressents to lift your mood. Also they will refer you to a local counsiler, its good to talk, you are the way you are for a reason. Dont let little things bother you, and if your up till 4am, go for a walk, the fresh air and exercise might help.
  9. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

Nights like that are looong and painful. I remember having many of those nights. I used to throw myself into a hobby when I was that depressed. I know you don't feel like doing anything but sleep or sit, but you kinda have to force yourself. I used to work on my art, or write, anything, poetry or add to a journal to get my feelings out. Sometimes I'd find comfort in a chat room in the middle of the night with those who can relate.

The other night, and this isnt why I watched the movie, but I cried a lot. I watched "The secret life of bees" so I am just thinking watching a sad film will trigger your tears, and then you can cry about your situation in the process. Just get it out there, it does help. BTW if you haven't seen the film, it does have a happy ending.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.