So Depressed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Heavenly Star, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

So, i started college today. Everyone was telling me it would be a good idea. It will make me feel better, be a good distraction, keep me busy and give me something to focus on.

The truth is, I hated it. Yes, it kept me busy and gave me something to focus on. But during all the classes the same thoughts were running through my mind. "I don't want to be here" and "I just want to die". The only good thing about it is that it stops me from thinking about food and eating.

In fact, it actually made me realise I don't want a life. I don't want to live. I'm not interested in going out and making something of myself. I just want to stay in my room at home and waste away and die.

2. lifelover

lifelover Well-Known Member

I´m at the first year of college and yes, it can be hard. In my case, the first weeks were awful but then i began to talk to people and i already have a good friend in there with some issues too and we make each other feel better. Give it some time.

And what is your situation, depression? Are you seeing a doctor?

Give some feedback. *hug*

3. blickblocks

blickblocks New Member

Are you in a new city? For me getting away from all the people in my life for the first time was really helpful when I was in school. I spent a lot of time wandering the city on my own. It made me feel like I had some control in my life, for the first time.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

The first couple of weeks can be tough because you're still getting settled into the routine. It should get better after that hun. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.