So did I

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by EmptyLife, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

Tried again last night, with what I thought was an improvement on old method. Want a peaceful death. Guess it's not to be. Extremely depressed.
    Was on my 33rd medication for six weeks. had to stop. horrible side effects which may be permanent.
    I am so tired of people saying "depression is treatable." No, it isn't, in my case. That's just been a terrible, terrible lie.
  2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're still with us Empty Life :hug:.

33 is a lot of different meds to have tried. Can I ask why so many?

You must have been in a really bad way for you to make an attempt on your life but I don't think suicide would ever result in a peaceful death.

I would like to believe that depression is treatable, sadly it doesn't have limits & different people respond differently to treatment.

Take care of yourself, Claire xx
  3. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

wow 33 attempt, that's a lot.
  4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Depression may not be treatable for some cases, but all the same I'm glad you're still here. Make sure to take a lot of water so as to help flush out your liver and kidney. I hope you find life at least tolerable soon.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have yet to find a medication that works more than a year or two..My depression is the one illness I have a problem with.My anxiety, irrational thoughts, mood swings, Augoriphobia, social phobia, suicidal ideations, paranoia, and a few others are all treated by meds or thru three years of therapy. They now want to do ECT on me and I won't let them because of the side effects. I am 52 and been fighting this since I was thirteen..The only suggestion I can give is live for today..Forget the past because you can't change it, and the future will take care of itself..It is much easier to just take it one day at a time..See a therapist and give it time because they aren't miracle workers who will heal you in a couple of weeks. I really struggled the first two years of therapy but now in my third year I can see the progress I have made..Give it a go!!What do you have to loose..
  6. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

i'm glad you're still here.. maybe if there aren't any medications that can help you.. maybe there is something else.. something that could make you happy? what are your hobbies?
  7. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Have you tried ECT? It sounds pretty promising to me.
  8. xxicedragonxx

xxicedragonxx Well-Known Member

i know how you feel. im on three diff meds right now and i still want to die. the only thing they do is decrease my energy so i am too lazy and my thoughts are too jumbled to plan it how i want. so the only thing that my meds have done... make me want a terminal illness or get into an accident instead of do it myself. woo hoo. thats some great cure right there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.