So Disheartened!!!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Butterfly, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

As some of you may know I am a student nurse. I am in my third year and will qualify in January. We are starting to prepare for applying for jobs and so forth. We had someone come and talk to us and we have been told that there will practically be no jobs for us when we qualify. I have worked my arse off for three years and there will more than likely be nothing at the end of it. Just feel so gutted and feel like Ive wasted three years of my life.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Know its probably not what you wanted but there is always bank nursing or go the whole private hog and join an agency.
    It's well paid and at least will give you experience.

3. Butterfly

Its difficult as a newly qualified agencies and bank rarely hire you as a nurse just an HCA which is not what I want at all.

4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Why would they tell you this at literally the last minute? I know in many fields of study, they encourage you to study it as they estimate that there would be an x number of jobs opened in the next few years by the time you graduate. Of course, it can always be a lie to get you to study in that field. :sad:

I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to hear that news that came way too late.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There will always be a need for nurses hun go into private hospital into community care i don't know where you live but there is always a shortage of nurses in hospital apply hun you will get work hugs

6. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Have you tried BUPA or as suggested above private hospitals.

7. Butterfly

Im in the Uk there are literally about 3 posts per hospital or trust so when I qualify there will be 40 of us competing for 3 jobs.

8. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

You can do it Lexi :hug: Its a crappy situation but something must come up some time. Keep at it. :hug:

9. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Well if it`s at all possible I`d look into trying another country. I`m pretty sure that Canada has a pretty huge demand for nurses. Literally nearly all the girls I knew in high school have gone into nursing there is that much demand.:unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.