So, er, I have a 50% chance of being sectioned.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Deathly Strike, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

I just got back from an appointment with my psychiatrist and things were going well. The usual talk was had - how I'm feeling, what I've been doing, etc. Of course when it came to what I've been doing it kinda went downhill from there. He asked to see my arms in which I did and he saw the deep cut I had done last week. He asked what 'possessed' me to do it. I didn't say. He asked if I'm talking to someone about any of this apart from him and I said yeah - I am as you all know, talking alot to BlackRose lately.

Anyway, he started talking about how fast I got over my depression and came to the conclusion that I'm 'bottling my depression' and that it'll blow. He said to relax over the weekend and give him time to think it through because he said it should be noted that I should be in care when it does release, but it might not be certain. So for the next few days, I'm on a tender hook as to whether I'm being sectioned or not. I'm scared guys...
  2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much, hopefully you won't get sectioned and even if you do, it isn't as bad as people make out. Surely if they thought you were actively suicidal they'd detain you straight away?
  3. Deathly Strike

Thats what I thought.

I think I'm being a tad over anxious.
  4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm confused, perhaps you can save my poor brain and set me straight (bring drained has never worked well for my brain lol).

How come you had an appointment on Good Friday? That's a pretty impressive psych you must have there.

Also, you gave me the impression that you were definitely being sectioned, was that what you meant? Or did I get confused again lol

Most likely, like Ruby says, if they wanted to section you they probably would have done. They might want you to go voluntary admission of course, but that is a whole different kettle of fish.

Just try and keep yourself calm and rationalise it. You know you are being over anxious so just try to keep yourself rational about it.

Take care
  5. Deathly Strike

It was the only clinic open too. So I was lucky. And he's not impressive I hate him. And I apologise for giving you the impression I was being sectioned. I'm anxious.

Maybe I should just shut up and go.
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thank you for correcting me, my brain was hurting.

Like I said before, just keep it rational. Make a rational list of the reasons that it is unlikely to be sectioned and keep reading it over.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.