So fucked up.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by storm, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storm

storm Well-Known Member

So here is a question...Why do we take out what others do to us on ourselves? Someone hurt me today and my first thought was to cut. And i did. But why? WHY?! why do we take the pain others cause us and take it out on our skin?
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

i believe it s the selflesness within us.
    the egomaniacs live in their tiny bubbles of denial and laugh it off and just unload on someone else
    i hope your cuts aren t too bad, tc pls
  3. storm

storm Well-Known Member

I think you're right. I didn't want to hurt them back so I just hurt myself instead.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I think it's because I have been hurt so much and told all these things about myself, that led me to believe I was a bad person. That's my personal perspective though, not sure how it is for you. Also because I don't want to stoop down to their level and do what they do to me.
  5. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Ahhh yeah I think that's it. We try to rise above but the depression doesn't let us quite get there so we end up hurting ourselves.
  6. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

for me i think a lot of it comes down to me being able to do worse to myself than what anyone could do to me and it gave me this sense of control over something.
    though i had never thought of it how you guys mentioned before.
  7. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Control is definitely a huge part of it for me, too.
  8. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

I think it's a way to express our emotions. Since we can't say it out loud, we cut. And also control.
    I hope that makes sense
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.