so fucking lonely

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by waste of space, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im really at the point of just saying fuck it and ending my pathetic life. I have always tried to think positive that someday i will find some girl out there for me but its just not fucking happening. I mean honestly ive got nothing going for me. im so quiet and shy its not even funny. I mean its a fucking handicap. i have only had two girls ever come up to me and talk to me and i didnt really say much because i just lock up and dont even have a clue what to talk about. since im like this i generally dont introduce myself because either she'll forget about me completely the next day or i cant hold a steady conversation and she walks away to talk to some other guy. It is so sad that i have all my buddies that are guy who im good friends with and i dont even know a single girl.

In my 20 years of existence i have never had a girlfriend or a close female friend. almost all of my friends have girlfriends and sometimes they ask me why am i single and i just make up some bullshit excuse and tell them that im happy being single which is the complete opposite. fuck i hate this feeling i just want someone to care about and for her to care about me. Im ready to give up. :sad: sorry for the long post btw

2. HexenBexen

HexenBexen Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry for the long post. Type all night if you need to. I know where you're coming from and I'm not just saying that. I'm sorry you're having such a hard go at things. You seem really sensitive and intelligent and any girl would be lucky. A lot of them just don't realize it until the opportunity passes them by. Perhaps if you were honest with your friends, they might help you out? One of their girlfriends may introduce them to one of their single friends at some point. You'll be the first one your friends think of and even if it doesn't work out, you'll have the chance to get more comfortable with yourself around girls. Just a thought.

Well, feel better soon.

3. Hello.

Loneliness can be hard. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time connecting with girls. But, I'm glad you have friends, even if they are all guy-friends.

First of all, I'm a girl, and I'm talking to you. So there ya go!

Secondly, even though we are married, sometimes both my husband and I still feel lonely. It's part of our depression. Having each other isn't always the answer to that.

Heck, sometimes I think feeling lonely is part of human existence.

That doesn't make it less painful, but understand that even if you did have a girlfriend, you would feel lonely sometimes. Try to remember the friends you do have when you are feeling lonely, and know that you are not alone.

4. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Hi mate I don't want to refer to you as a waste of space,first of all you're 20 mate that is quite young even if you've never had a gf.Next I'm gong to talk to you because I know exactly how you feel,ok countless time's I've met girl's and it's gone nowehere immediately all I can think of is she must think I'm some sort of goose or something.I blame myself because you think there is this constant ongoing sequence here.

Can I ask do you talk to girl's much,do you feel confident,if you like we can talk via PM because I certainly feel I can share heap's with you in this area believe me and the most important part is that i know exactly where you're coming from.

5. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

bingo. loneliness IS human exsistence. and human exsistence is loneliness. aint I just a fucking
    ray of bloody sunshine? sorry....

6. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

have you tried anything as ludicrous as internet dating? amazingly enough,
    it actually works for some people. it really does. I know it sounds like bullshit.
    but I know couples who have met online. amazing isn't a good enough word.
    utterly astounding is more like it. well, it never worked for me. but, I've
    had 100's of girlfriends and a couple of wives,without the internet. now
    I'm an old worthless piece of shit and wish I was 20 again. wish in one
    hand and shit in the other. see which one fills up first ay? so, internet
    dating or any other kind of dating aint for me. you're only 20. that's really
    young. give it a shot. lots of shy girls out there too man. when I was your
    age, there weren't no internet. if the piece of shit internet is useful for
    only one thing in this shitty world, it's to help you find a bird, right?
    give it a go. nuthin to lose!

7. harrison

harrison Member

i know how you feel. i'm young, and have my whole life ahead of me (supposedly), but i can't shake the feeling that ill just be alone forever. no one has ever shown an interest in me, ever. and i dont think they will. i really have nothing going for me. im so fucking unattractive, its ridiculous. im pretty much a freak of nature, and wont ever be in a relationship like i want to.

8. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

its best if you do things on the contrary i used to be like you but i started introducing my self to people and girls its hard but just man up and talk to people you'd like to meet.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Why don't you talk to a couple of your friends and ask if it would be O.K. to have there GF's meet you at a pub so you can talk to them about some personal stuff. You already know these girls, so sit them down and buy them a drink and spill it. Tell them about your shyness, and the fact that you freeze up when talking to a girl. Ask them for some advise and loosten up and take there advice. I agree with the other post that maybe they have a GF they can introduce you to.
    When I was your age I hung around girls more than guys because it was easier to meet girls that way. Plus I just liked to listen to there stories. They talk about guys all the time. I always got a kick out of it. I think if you keep hanging with your friends and there GF's you will start loostening up. Don't feel ashamed about being shy there are a lot of guys just like you. And there are alot or girls the same way. Take care and good Luck!!~Joseph~

10. Grimer

Grimer Member

waste of space: I envy you, because at least you have friends. I don't have that luxuary.

Why don't you hang out with them more when they go out to places? Surely they don't stay at home all the time, there's a high chance that you will met someone then, and I'd also say that you should stop "searching" for a girl, because when you stop searching it's easier for it to find you. I know it sounds cliche and cheesy but it helps out alot.

11. Thanks for all the replies people. I have thought about trying online dating but I just chicken out but I havent ruled it out yet. I really wish I wasn't so shy and timid because then I probably wouldnt have this problem. I mean ive heard from my buddies that girls generally dig the quiet type but its hard for me to even communicate with them. Its like im afraid of rejection on top of being afraid that girls would think im unatractive. quick example. The last girl that talked me was so gorgeous I did talk to her but naturaly I froze up and the conversation didnt really go anywhere so she left me to talk to one of my buddies. At the end of the night on the way home from the bar I couldnt help thinking about why someone like that would even want anything to do with me in the first place. I knew that if I wasnt so fucking shy and actually had a decent coversation with her things might have been different and I would of had her number like my buddy did when she ditched me to talk to him.

12. thowra

thowra Member

waste of space

hi there

i think i know how you feel im young so whenever i try to tell people i want to find someone to love they just say "oh your young youll find someone later" but they dont know that my life is running out and im the one holding the stopwatch; ive planned to kill myself a LOT but have always chickened out or been sidetracked but hey im a girl :) so now you have a girl as a friend too , you dont seem shy on here so maybe the confidence is already inside you, you just need to find something to give you inspiration to pull that out.

xx

13. odogg

odogg New Member

I understand how you feel. When I joined the military I was never good at talking to girls either. All of my friends were, just like your friends are. The thing that helped me was that I had met my wife in high school and we were still on/off when I enlisted. She's not drop dead gorgeous but a good person.

As shy as I was, I saw her and she seemed even more shy than I was in high school. I never went for the best looking girl or the one who was the center of attention. Maybe you should try that. I'm assuming you're in the military as well. Stop looking in bars immediately. You won't find anyone worth marrying there. All my friends dated girls from bars and they usually just swapped girlfriends with each other.

One would break up with a girl and she would start dating a mutual friend, so on and so forth. It was pretty disturbing to be around. Try going to a local church or even a library. Sounds weird but my best friend in the military found his wife at a library. She was the librarian and they had a kid and got married.

14. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I'm going through the same thing. Feel me to PM me.

15. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I can so relate to what you're saying, all my girlfriends have boyfriends and some are with children....I'm 26 and havent dated much...I'm a bit on the shy side but if a guy actually paid attention to me that would be nice...

I dunno what it is, but everyone wants to move so fast, like have sex on the first date and stuff...all I want is to get to know someone, to be able to have conversations about all kind of stuff, I don't want it to be just physical...

16. createdforopinion

createdforopinion Active Member

Don't worry, you're not alone. I have also have no girlfriends or female companions ever. But at least you have friends. I literally have no one. No one to talk to at all, no one to care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.