So fucking pissed it's not funny.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by BeautifullyChaotic, Dec 27, 2011.

1. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

I need to vent and can't do it openly without being the "hateful bitch that married into the family", so I'm going to do it here, hope you all don't mind.

My brother in law is on probation for drugs, lost his job, was robbed 3 times by his drug buddies and because he is family I offered to move him in with us - I have spent our entire holiday week cleaning and rearranging our home to make room for him, moving our kids into our room so he would have a bedroom of his own for him and his dog, paid $45 to have him added to the lease, $400 pet deposit for his dog when we don't even have a pet of our own because we didn't want to spend the money for the deposit plus the $25 extra on the rent each for owning a pet, $50 plus $50 per month for a garage so he would have a place to store his stuff when we don't have a garage ourselves because we didn't want the extra rent and over $200 in gas in the truck to move him in with us.

After only one night, he's moving back to his old apartment because "the kids are too annoying and their stuff is always in the floor and the dog is going to get sick from chewing on it"- using my truck and more of my gas money, leaving us saddled with an extra $75 per month in rent because we already signed the new lease agreement and I have to not only help him move out, but also have to move my kids beds and furniture back into the other room, by myself, after I just moved them into my room, by myself, over the past week. Not to mention the NON-REFUNDABLE $400 for the damn dog.

Not even an apology has been given for all the money and time we spent trying to help him out, not to mention the bruises from moving shit around by myself to make room for him or the headache of having to do all of the rearranging and keep after my daughter every second while also trying to keep my household running normally while everything was going on: cooking, cleaning, laundry, learning time ect ect ect.

I'm so mad I'm shaking right now. what on earth makes him think it is acceptable to ask people to go out of their way to accommodate him and then just up and leave, leaving them stuck with more bills HE created and not so much as a "sorry"?

Am I being unreasonably upset?

2. Jeremiah1

Jeremiah1 New Member

Well I'd consider all that a justifiable reason to be upset. But instead of looking at these as reasons to be angry at your brother-in-law, view them as reasons to be proud of yourself for going such great distances to help someone. Eventually, when all the bills are paid and your bruises heal, everything will be back to normal. Then hopefully you won't have to deal with that individual again.

3. Rakly

Rakly Member

you're not unreasonable. I'd be mad as hell too!
    But at the same time, it might be for the best he's not living with you. He doesn't sound thrustworthy at all.
    Imagine he started bringing his drug buddies over at your place...

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Dear friend,

I would be upset too, and it would be hard for me to let go of the anger and disappointment.. I can totally understand why you feel this way.. I also like Jeremiah's thoughts about how what you did for him.. along with the extent of your sacrifices to bring him into your home... is something to be deeply proud of.. something that I hope will later on give you a sense of accomplishment when the initial hurt lessens.. As a matter of fact, I am proud of you too, and it is so unfortunate he is taking all of your efforts to accommodate him for granted.. =[ I know it sucks right now big-time..

Take extraordinarily special care of you.. and let us know how you are feeling as soon as you can! :hugtackles:

Alex

5. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

I'm not really all that upset about the money, what really bothers me is he never even said thank you.
    I did all of the work myself, I had no help moving my room around to make room for 2 additional beds and a dresser, I had no help taking apart and putting the beds back together, I had no help cleaning and taking care of the kids while I was doing these other things, but I didn't mind doing it because he told us he was in need. I sold my son's car bedframe to make room for this man and he didn't even thank me, instead he stayed one night and bitched about my kids toys being in the floor, and them playing too loudly! And griping how they were going to make his dog sick, we don't even have a pet of our own because we didn't want the extra money going to rent, food ect and I am too busy with the kids to take care of an animal, but still, we invited his dog too because we know he loves the pooch.

I suppose I am only angry because it's easier than being hurt, but now that I've calmed down and stopped being mad, I am very hurt. Not only did he show no appreciation for the sacrifices I was willing to make, and did make, to make sure he felt at home, but he basically threw all my hard work in my face and insulted my children :(

6. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

You have every right to be upset, if he had said that to my face he would have lost a few teeth.