so happy about suicide!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

this is a followup thread from my is it wrong to be so obsessed with death

what are your thoughts about this?

being happy about suicide- because i am... is it normal?

to know that's the path you've chosen, you don't want to go back, and you simply don't have any other care in the world now.... so it feels good to know that soon it will all be over?. almost like being too happy about it

how many people have ever felt like that... happy and cheerfull about deciding on suicide- or am i just the ood one out who is happy about something that in reality, is devistating to so many people and ends everything

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I think the happiness stems from idea that a solution or goal has been decided on - one that is seemingly easy and requires little effort. Typically as it becomes obvious that neither is true the euphoria turns into just another reason to be depressed hence all threads that talk about wanting to die but are too cowardly to do it or tried and cannot do it. Then it is simply another reason to remain depressed.

You would likely find the same sense of relief and happiness choosing and planning a positive a course or goal.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think it's kind of like an escape fantasy for many of us when things feel bad. "If all else fails/since things aren't great...maybe I'll be dead instead." Dead is an ending...of what hurts, sure, but also of hope, change, life, good things, happiness. Suicide takes away every other possibility we could have. Please, don't act on the idea/urge. Come here and talk through the rough times, instead. :hug:

4. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I'm glad it has that effect on you, but uh, please don't actually try to attempt anything :(

Being suicidal just makes me feel like a terrible, selfish person.

5. SeaShells

SeaShells Member

For me I get immense feelings of relief when I finally decide I've had enough. It's because I know that when it's over I won't torture myself anymore. Often this happiness/relief is so nice I want to hold onto that feeling so I don't do anything and eventually get sad again.

6. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

...i think of suicide as my own way of escaping things...i have a lot of anxiety and fears and i always think that suicide is my best solution...but i never did try to do the act...coz i'm thinking what if i'm not successful on doing it?...questions like that...but every day..i pray that my tomorrow wont come...

..sorry for my way of thinking..

7. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i used to feel like that too, selfish, bad, you know.. like it was just 1 big waste. but now i've realised how cruel the world is and how nul and void my life is, and i don't really have those feelings of selfishness anymore.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I've definitely felt that. I am so peaceful when I think I have found the way I am going to kill myself, and that good feeling can last for a couple days. But as you say, that relief fades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.