so heres the situation...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by meagainstme, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

around 6/7 years ago i started cutting. and when i stopped, it took me 3 years to show my mom. and she was very dismissive about it all.

now a few months ago i started cutting again without letting her know.
    i hid all my blades, bandages and bloody tissues in my drawer under loads of videos, as my mom never goes into them.

however. i came home yesterday and my mom is like 'i got some videos out of your room'' and didnt say anything else...

and i came upstairs. looked in my drawer, and she has threw every away! and did not say a word to me about it all.

and this morning when she left for work, i txted her asking why she threw all my stuff away in my drawer

and she phoned me back and this was the conversation:

mom - ''i thought it would be best not to say anything''
    me - but its worse not knowing what you're thinking
    mom - well it was all covered in blood. why were you saving it?
    me - i wasnt saving it. i was hiding it
    mom - well maybe throwing stuff away would be a better way to hide it. you havent started that again have you?
    me - i did. but ive stopped
    mom - oh good. i brought some chicken for dinner...

arghhhhh. i feel awkward now.
  2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

may be your mum doesn´t want to make you feel worse and she doesn´t know what to tell you about it, without sound angry or sad, probbably she´s looking for a way to help you or a way to talk to you, don´t be surprised if she doesn´t say anything about it about 2 or 3 months and then she start talking to you about it, because she may find a way to talk to you.take care and pm me if you need it;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.