So hollow...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mikle, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikle

Mikle Member

First of all I want to say hi to you all. Secondly I want to tell you how I feel... Actually that is the problem. The core of the problem. You see, I feel that I no longer feel anything. It sounds contradictory and I'm aware of that. I just don't have anything to live for. How can I live if there is nothing to do it for? I just don't know how I should proceed... Is it really necessary for me to live like this? I see only one solution to my problem, but this wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong. That's why I'm posting this here. Just because I might be wrong.
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hi, mikle, welcome.

there is a reason why we're all here, i believe. on this forum and in the world.
    on forum 'cause it's something to fall back on. a bit of hope, i think
    in world, also. but depthily speaking i'm not sure what yet
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Mikle sorry you are feeling so numb right now give it time that hollowness will not be so deep ok. You keep talking to here reaching out to people in time you will find yourself giving back to others as well. You won't feel so alone ok nice to meet you
  4. Mikle

Mikle Member

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Don't know what else to say atm.
  5. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Mikle, hello back : ) Your hollow feeling is not a problem, its just an indicator that you have your mind is on things that are not so good. To jolt your mind out of this you will have to put in just a bit of daily effort. Posting here each day is a great start. There are many more solutions out there for you. In fact, I can tell from your post that you still have that certain something inside which knows there is more life has in store for you... and you are not ready to give up on that.

Try getting your mind on something else just a little at a time: decide on one small fun thing to do each day. I know you feel numb, but nothing big, nothing life changing. Look at is an 1 week experiment, just to see if it helps, even just a little. If it helps, keep doing it and never stop. Then learn and add some other daily positive practices to your life.

Another easy one is to keep a notebook and every day just write 1 thing you love in it. Small, simple, nothing huge. For instance today I wrote that I love Indian food in my list. Yesterday it was the sun. I know you dont feel well, but I bet you can find just 1 tiny thing right now that you enjoy. Maybe a certain TV show or food. Then over months you will be surprised how many small things you enjoy that you don't even realize it. Its these small things that make life good friend. You just need to make your mind aware of them.

Also, start reading self help books for people who need a mood lift. Hit your local bookstore. There are so many ways to learn to cope. Google "lift your mood" and start reading - tons of tips to read. Just keep trying and see what works for you. You can do it.

In the long term you can definitely gradually get your mind on better feeling things and change your mood. It takes practice, learning some positive tools and some effort, but you can do it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.