So how do I deal with no friends, no gf, no job

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mark, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark New Member

No money, bored and have had the heart broken twice by the same person who lead me on until she found someone else.

I've signed up to ICS which is a charity in England whereby you get to go to 1 of 26 of the worlds poorest countries and help out local communities. If successful I go out in October, if unsuccessful I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not telling people this out of sympathy as most of the people in this world have it worse than me and I should be grateful for being born in this country with all the luxuries I have.

I don't know what answer I'm expecting here other than "just hold on everything will be ok" which imo is not a good answer. If I come across as rude I apologise. Has anyone here had nasty thoughts and if so how are you dealing with it or how did you deal with it. I'm wondering if talking to somebody over the phone or going to the hospitals free therapy classes (yea that's right we got it good here so I shouldn't really be moaning and complaining) would help.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Actually, signing up for something is probably one of the best things you can do.
    If this one doesn't come to fruition, how about something like this http://www.workingabroad.com/
    It's voluntary work but if I was younger I'd be on the first plane out.

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I've heard of ICS pretty epic programme, have you don't it as part of VSO? If not they also offer volunteering overseas which is always an option, international development is an amazing field to work in and I truly hope you get it as you'll meet some inspiring peeps.

You mention talking it through with someone on the phone, I know calmzone deal with men's mental health issues in the uk and have a number open until midnight you can talk it through, some times venting helps, they might be able to help you what sort of therapies may work best for you

Oh and if you need any info on VSO or calmzone or just want to vent feel free to pm

Take care and look after yourself

Rich

4. Mark

Mark New Member

The great thing about ICS is that it's free. You do need to fundraiser a certain amount but there are no costs as it's government funded. There's also workawayers whereby people offer food and accom in exchange for daily work.

Thanks for taking the time out to respond. I'm also looking at greenpeaces volunteering opportunities. Hopefully all of this volunteering will make me a very attractive candidate to the employer and lead to a high flying career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.