So, how do you get a girlfriend then?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wibble, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Right, I need a girlfriend, its that simple. Last one cloned my credit cards and defrauded me, one before that turned into a lesbian and the one before that ended up pregnant to someone else.

Now, Over the past year and a half, I have tried everything, and I literally mean every fucking thing to meet someone. I have tried everything from Neuro Linguistic Programming, Alpha status, Neg Hits, Sarging, being "there" for them, being a pussy, being a prick, bar approaches, internet dating, cold pickups, the mystery effect, being friends, being distant, being close and finally being close to blowing my fucking head off in frustration.

People tell me "just be yourself" (which is what I am doing, but myself doesnt seem to work), "have faith" and "theres someone for everyone", which is basically them telling me to wait for some mystical convergance to chuck someone in my lap while i sit there miserable. At this rate I am considering making a career of my forced celebacy and joining the priesthood.

I am also hideous. Seriously, im 5'9, 16 stone in weight (which is, what, about 220lbs). If its allowed by the mods, I will link to a picture.

So my question is this, what the hell do I need to do? Any practical advice (as long as its not little platitudes) would be awesome.
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

no answer but man, dont try so hard.

it just takes time is all and yes, be yourself.

rome wasnt built in a day
  3. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

you sound like you've had a bit of bad luck.

First, girls can often sense the desperation and its a bit of a put off, so its best not to appear like you're trying. easier said than done.

what hobbies do you have, is there something that you do where you can meet girls with the same interests as you?

if you stop actively "looking" you might get a surprise.

best of luck, and don't let past experiences put you off. she's out there. somewhere.
  4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

There's not much advice really to give since it follows the formula of

Single girls
    Compatible personality
    Age range
    likes/ dislikes

if you meet thought all that then you might stuff up from bad impressions or bad luck. In my experience all the good ones get snapped up rather quickly.
    Still hang in there...
  5. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

just be glad you're not 320 lbs. I spend my life around some of the most beautiful girls you will ever meet because I am their security. I keep them safe, which I'm glad I do, but I get to see all that I miss.

The fact is life is all about luck. Some have it and some don't. I hope that you will have at least some.

drunk. happy new year's
  6. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

IMHO the best men are the sweets ones. To me, the kinder they are the cuter they are. You don't sound hideous at all! I didn't see a pic, but still, I'm yet to meet a hideous man. I wish you the BEST of luck! Please don't be too hard on yourself. These things take time and patience. Hang in there sweetie! :hug:
  7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Workout, dress nice, smell nice, talk to women.

Get some style and a good wingman.
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Some women like a guy that can take charge in certain situations. You have to be confident without appearing to be arrogant. You have to be strong, but gentle at the same time. Strong and sensitive too. A bit of a balancing act if you ask me. :laugh:
  9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Wow, you've had some bad luck with girls recently. But that doesn't mean you won't mean the girl of your dreams sometime soon.
    Id say the best thing is to be yourself, take it easy, put yourself out there, but don't try too hard.
    I wish you the best of luck :hug:
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sounds like you have been through a lot:sad:

Not all women are that way, I hope you will meet someone that genuinely loves you for who you are.

Take your time, don't expect it to happen over night. Go out,meet new never know what's around the corner :)
  11. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

wow! sounds like you've had some interesting relationships... at least you know you're living life! but i will tell you this. stop looking. that's when it will happen. :) and right now just enjoy the single life and have fun! being confident on your own and independent is quite sexy. and who says you need a girlfriend to be happy? live for YOU. its okay to be selfish!

but i will tell you a girly secret... we like the chase too. ;) if a guy is too forward with me and i can read him too easily right away then i loose interest because the fun is gone! i want to work for my man! but then again... that might be just me. but a challenge will always make a guy more attractive because then you deserve him if you caught him!

and also, we read A LOT more into body language. its that whole stereotype where we want you to read our minds. that's because we want you to pick up on our body language like we are picking up on yours. so if you seem confident and relaxed with who you are as a person then there you go :)

so in the mean time make goals for YOURSELF. improve your life and live it as healthy and happy as you can on your own. because that is what will attract the woman you want.
  12. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Trying to find a girlfriend is like trying to find a job. You have to put yourself out there. Sell yourself. Make them choose you above other potential mates. Also gotta be willing to face rejection, and if at first you don't succeed, well then don't give up hope as I'm sure you'll find the one who is right for you :)
  13. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

Christ knows. I can tell you this. it's more trouble than it's worth. ask
    an honest woman and see if you don't get the same answer in reverse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.