So Hurt and Can't let go

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cuteypolice2007, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Over a year ago I was dating the man of my dreams. When I first met him I knew I was going to marry him. It was that instant click. Our first few months together were fabulous. All along he was a very big drinker and I noticed that he would drink when he had a problem. but he was never abusive but sometimes emotionally unavailable to me. He's a police officer. So as time went on I noticed that he was becoming increasingly depressed and one night we went over his parents house and after his parents house while we were driving I asked him what was wrong and he replied he was having financial problems. I told him I knew how he felt but then he went straight to the bar. When we got to the bar one of his friends came up to him and told him a fellow officer had committed suicide. I tried comforting him but he only wanted to be around his friends. So when he was driving me back to his house I told him I couldn't take it anymore and that I was going to make a decision that night on whether or not i was going to continue seeing him. He dropped me off and went back to the bar he didn't come back until 6am. I woke him up before I left and told him it was over. Ever since then I have regreted it every single day. I have tried to reach out to him via text message voice mail email facebook just no response. I told him how sorry I was. After a year of doing this i would think that I would get some type of response even if it is leave me alone but nothing. Im so hurting inside that I just want to die. I feel like I can't go on with out him.

Emily

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun he was not available to you only to his booze okay You did the right thing in letting him go really he did not care for you really only himself and his needs
    You can do better okay you have better self esteem that that you date someone that can love you back not a booze bottle okay.

Time to move on obviously he does not nor did her care you can have so much
    better but you won't find that someone if you are still grieving for him.

Get out there and find someone who will love you as much as you love them mutual affection okay you deserve this okay don't belittle yourself anymore
    time to move on to oh so much better ones really take care

3. This is the thing I don't know how to let go. I have tried dating other guys and I just can't let go of him all I do is think of him.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

When you find the right guy those thoughts of him will go away You need to find the right guy to shows you just how important you are and how you are his world okay He obviously does not have the same feelings for you so time to move on don't belittle yourself anymore you are better than that