So I am happy now!?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by purplefizz, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

I've been suicidal for a long time, especially this past year. I've had severe depression, with constant mild depression. I also have anxiety issues, an eating disorder, and various other issues. It's not the same anymore.

I am in a relationship now, with a really great guy. I've never dated before, so this is a shock. We talk for hours almost every day. I haven't totally opened up to him about my issues, but I still feel like he knows me. I want to be with him all the time; I'm actually going to see him a few hours. I feel so good when I'm around him, and when I think about him. He's my world... I don't have time to worry about other things.

I've crashed a few times... hard, but the general theme in my life is good. I know it's not healthy to be this obsessed, but he makes me HAPPY and I don't remember ever being happy like this. I love him so much. I don't think about suicide as often. I don't cut as much, don't participate in eating disordered behaviors as much, and I'm getting out more. I'm also reading and writing again.

I've been falling into the depths of depression for years, and I'm all the sudden all better? It's AMAZING, but strange. It's like, I'm here again... I'm real again. I don't understand. Is this just a fluke?

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It isn't a fluke. All those times you were suicidal and thought about killing yourself but instead didn't or wasn't able to has enabled you to continue living thus you always had a chance of meeting him. That's what happens if you keep on living and fighting with the downside's to life, you still have a chance to be happy and to meet someone.

What a difference one person can make huh.

3. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Well said Mystic Eyes....you never know what is just around the corner.

4. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Fizzy -

For now, I'll be your lone dissenting cautionary voice. You really need to hear this.

Is this an Internet relationship? It could be a fluke. Is this a real-life realtionship? No matter; you're describing a crush. It feels WONDERFUL. For however long the duration, it can be life-transforming.

I'll encourage you to prepare for a temendous fall--see red flags when you're this smitten and inexperienced, ok?

The prevailing rule is that the more obsessed you become, the harder, deeper, and longer the fall should things go poopy on you.

I know I'm talking as if to a brick wall (it's not your fault), for who among us so needy has the power to pull back and be cautious? You're in a free-fall; in some ways I really feel badly for you because if you crash, Lord be with you. You'll need him.

If I've confused you, my advice is as follows:
    DON'T.
    See red.
    Pls slow down.

Never, EVER let yourself fall so fast and so hard. Real love comes in stages, slow and easy like a friendship, progressing over time.

JOHN

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Real love doesn't always come in stages, it is unique to each person and each relationship.

6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

No, there's the phenom "love at first sight" so you're correct.

If she does crash though, I much rather her try and stay grounded in this.

7. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

It's great that you've found someone, but ToHelp is absolutely right. I would suggest that you try and work on yourself a bit whilst you're in this relationship, so that, whatever happens, you will be better than you were before. Take care of yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.