So, I just tried

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Darryl, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darryl

Darryl New Member

I know I can't post "methods", but before I tried, after considering it for months, I knew I couldn't do it via a method that'd inflict pain or terror, like cutting or jumping off something, so I opted for something that would take me in a way I thought peacefully, slowly, without pain.

I just tried. I sorted out my affairs, wrote a note, will, that sort of thing. And I lay there, expecting it to be slow, but not that slow. I'm not sure whether I was there for 30 seconds, or 5 minutes, I felt myself slowly fade away. And even though I felt certain beforehand that this was what I wanted, I'd been preparing myself for a few days after making the decision, just to not do it on impulse in case I changed my made, as I started to black out, I realised it wasn't the right thing to do.

Obviously I don't want to be seen to encourage you to kill yourselves, but if it gets to the point that no words can help you, that you just need to get out, I beg you, if you lsiten to no other words of advice, listen to these; don't try it in a way that you can't back out from. You just might change your mind the second before you die, make sure it isn't too late, it could have been for me.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your right so many people say this that just as they realize death is intimate they wish they didn't do it. I am sure this is what happen with my brother Thanks for your post and i do hope others hear and realize death is not the way out of their pain there is help for them.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yea, that would probly be my biggest fear. Just as you're dieing, the very last seconds...you start to remember the few happy things in your life. Then you don't want to die. But then of course it's too late. :unsure:

4. isd

isd Well-Known Member

i watched a documentary about people jumping off the famous (golden gate) bridge in San Francisco. Very occasionally the person lives after hitting the water. One guy who tried said when he hit the water and realised he was still alive and his first instinct was to survive and want to live and get out the water.

he had smashed his ankles up, and it was something like he felt something pushing him up, which they believed to be a seal or something. he managed to stay above water till the rescue boat came. i think this is what happened.

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I saw that documentary, too, it's called The Bridge. Remember the man with the long, black hair? When he stepped onto the rail, there was no hesitation in his game, and even when he let himself fall backward, he didn't move an inch, try to fly, or nothing on the way down. He wasn't bullshittin'.

6. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

is it weird that i felt bad for the people in that movie who didn't get as much airtime as him?

7. isd

isd Well-Known Member

yes, its the bridge, was flicking the channels tonight and it was on. the guy (nice guy he was) who i was describing, he said the moment his hands left the bridge he regretted it. he describes how he waited, 40 mins, i think to psych himself up . . obviously totally distraught. and he says how this tourist woman comes up to him while he's going through this and says "can you take my picture". the guys got tears in his eyes, she doesn't see and he's thinking jesus christ, what the fuck. that situation speaks volumes to me. really does

yes, the guy in the leathers (long hair), he went rock'n'roll. but all tragic of course. i'm not sure but i think the leathers guy, or one of them, phoned his mum before. spoke openly and she was aware that the day would come. but's a very progressive way to deal with it, being so open, imo. can't do anything more than that, surely? i think thats what happeend.

tough viewing

anyway, apologies for the threadjack, darryl

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
  8. isd

isd Well-Known Member

no it's not weird

9. Attiusca

Attiusca Member

That's why some people over dose, they can't turn back after 15 minutes and some can't even force themselves to throw the pills back up.

10. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I read about the San Fransisco Bridge, really opens your eyes to the reality that is suicide. There's something there, something that makes you not want to do it, but you only realise once you do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.