• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

So i quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukaRedgrave

On Satur(n)days we used to sleep
Hi, it's me again.
I've been kinda gone from the forums these past weeks, but mostly cause i´ve been too busy to think about stuff. I feel like this place is my last resort when it comes to express what im going through. Today i quit my job, after all the troubles and mistakes that happened there, along with not feeling supported or backed by my supervisor, specially considering the huge rise of work and costumers we're having at the moment, i cannot bear it anymore. I've never been good when it comes to working under pressure and having to do it alone most of the time its just too much for me to handle.
I don't know what im gonna do now, obviously im gonna look for a new job, but right now the future seems more uncertain than ever for me, i feel trapped and lost and i fear there will be a moment when im out of options and will finally succumb to my suicidal thoughts. I dont know anymore...

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Admin
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hi Luke,
I did that exact thing last year, for some similar reasons. The bottom line was my mental health was taking a huge hit as a result of my job and it wasn't worth it in the end. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you. I don't ever recommend people quit their jobs, but there are cases where it really is the best option. It's definitely uncertain not knowing what comes next. I found a job where I'm treated much better and a great company to work for. You never know what you might find around the corner. It doesn't erase the anxiety, but know we are here to help you through those days while you look for your next opportunity.

kittykatt

I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through all of that. It must have been especially hard when you had to do it all alone without any assistance from your supervisor.
As to what you're going to do now, may I make a suggestion? First, give yourself a chance to recover from what you've been through. Then pick up the pieces and start over again. Second, create a new resume/CV. When you start looking for a new job, don't just look at things that you normally look at. Look at everything. Then apply at everything. Even though you may start out as a beginner, you just might find that a job that you didn't think you could do, you end up being very successful at.
You might also consider going back to school, if that's an option. Whatever you do, don't give up. Keep trying, there's a job out there for you.
Good luck.

JDot

1 Peter 5:7
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi @LukaRedgrave It's understandable to quit your job when you can't take it anymore. Sometimes you have to go through several jobs before you find the right place. I hope you find the right place soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00