So I really need to go to the hospital at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Not for mental shit, but for my Crohn's. I haven't been able to eat for like the past week, at least not anything that actually got digested, and I don't seem to be getting much better. But I don't know what will cause more problems at this point, me going or me not going. That's why I'm still at home. If I don't go, we're broke and out of Suboxone and KPins, and there's not a damn thing I can do to help him money-wise because of how sick I am with my stomach. If I do go, it sort of makes it easier on him as far as what he needs to get, but there might be no one to watch the dog. And if something really bad is wrong with me, I may not get out for a while, and I have a Sub appointment I need to be at on the 2nd. And I'm going to have to lie to them about my prescriptions in the meantime too because we share them, and it's not like I can tell them that. I don't really know what's worse at this point. But if I don't go, who knows how much worse I could get. I haven't really kept anything solid down for quite a few days now, and who knows how much weight I lost.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I think you should prioritize your health and go to the hospital. I'm sorry it's so complicated, but if you go now, perhaps you'll be back soon. I don't think they'll keep you if they know you can stand on two legs and survive. Now if something worse is wrong, then even more reason to be at the hospital. This is really worrying. :(

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I think you should prioritize your health and go to the hospital. I'm sorry it's so complicated, but if you go now, perhaps you'll be back soon. I don't think they'll keep you if they know you can stand on two legs and survive. Now if something worse is wrong, then even more reason to be at the hospital. This is really worrying. :(
To put it bluntly, it might come to me needing surgery, depending on what's causing this right now. My stomach digests food, but can't keep it down after the fact. I could have a tear in my intenstine again; I've had that before. I could have an abscess, which I've also had. Or best case scenario, is that it's a blockage that will hopefully get better in its own, but considering it's been a week I'm not really banking on it being that simple. Or who knows what else it could be, maybe something new.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Oh, and I've had unimaginable pain every time I do eat, about two, three hours after the fact. Until I throw it all up.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Oh, and I've had unimaginable pain every time I do eat, about two, three hours after the fact. Until I throw it all up.
Uh, that doesn't sound to me like something that would just go away on its own after a week. But I don't know much about that disease. :(
To put it bluntly, it might come to me needing surgery, depending on what's causing this right now. My stomach digests food, but can't keep it down after the fact. I could have a tear in my intenstine again; I've had that before. I could have an abscess, which I've also had. Or best case scenario, is that it's a blockage that will hopefully get better in its own, but considering it's been a week I'm not really banking on it being that simple. Or who knows what else it could be, maybe something new.
I see, but if you need any surgery that can't wait, you'd better go to the hospital, while if it can wait, then you'll know it can wait until your appointment. I mean, you think they'd take you to the operation block immediately no matter what?

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Well, I wouldn't stay at the same hospital if I need surgery. They don't exactly have the best or brightest doctors there. I'd get transferred to a better one, that's further away. I don't really trust these people with that. They can barely even take blood properly. I even do a better job of that, as a junkie, than they do, lol.

And no, like I said, I'm not really banking on it getting better on its own considering it's been that long now. Typically, if I have similar symptoms and it gets better on its own, it's done so in about two or three days. But now, it's seeming like it's something more complicated than that.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So I'm going to join in with the chorus here, T. You seriously need to put your health first. I don't know very much about Crohn's but from what you've described, you really, really need to go and get it checked out.

I'm going to state the obvious here, but have a look at the list of pros and cons that you've given. Yeah? Please? Despite what you or anyone may think, I do actually really care (and sometimes worry) about you. We all just want you to be as healthy and happy as possible.

P.S. I hope you don't see this because you've gone to get some help.

mfor

Some people belong backstage.
This is relevant:

Untitled.png

As much as your situation in terms as your relationship and meds may need to be considered, stage 2, if not 1, is now critical for you. Ignoring it at this point would require you to, other than in the very, very short run, give up on everything else as well.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
This is relevant:

View attachment 31373

As much as your situation in terms as your relationship and meds may need to be considered, stage 2, if not 1, is now critical for you. Ignoring it at this point would require you to, other than in the very, very short run, give up on everything else as well.
Wait, so that's saying food and water is below self-actualization?

mfor

Some people belong backstage.
It's below, in the sense that they're larger, at the base, supporting everything above. Think of the pyramid of food. The more necessary foods are also at the bottom.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Also, for now, I've decided to stay home and just look after the dog while he's out trying to get something done. And hopefully, he doesn't get himself arrested and comes back. And then I'll go when he gets back. And if by some chance something does happen, I guess I'll have to ask my mother to look after the dog and go.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
It's below, in the sense that they're larger, at the base, supporting everything above. Think of the pyramid of food. The more necessary foods are also at the bottom.
Oh, okay, well that makes more sense. Although, my needs aren't quite as it says they should be. BPD and all.

BlueGreen

@Aurelia, if you leave it and it gets worse, you might have to be away from your dog for even longer. Good that your mother can be useful right now. You need to get it diagnosed and treated if necessary. Good luck and I hope it gets sorted.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Also, for now, I've decided to stay home and just look after the dog while he's out trying to get something done. And hopefully, he doesn't get himself arrested and comes back. And then I'll go when he gets back. And if by some chance something does happen, I guess I'll have to ask my mother to look after the dog and go.
Don’t wait any longer than that. Don’t even wait that long, if you can help it.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I'm at the hospital now. They just did a catscan, so I'm waiting to hear the results from the doctor now. Part of me is like, "It's going to be fine...it always has been." And then another part is scared to death that it's not going to be fine this time and something really bad is wrong, worse than I've had before. And now, it's just the waiting game.

Oh, and by the way, my mother was not, in fact, useful. Quite useless, actually. Said that she wasn't going to watch the dog or do a damn thing, basically. I suppose I shouldn't be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00