So I Told My Mother...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NeverHappy, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeverHappy

NeverHappy Well-Known Member

.. In a very matter of fact way, that "I'm not going to be on this earth for much longer". She showed no emotion. She doesn't care.

If I kill myself tonight, I'll soon be forgotten.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That's terrible.
    I'm so sorry that your mom is so cold like that. You will meet people in your life though that will care. You may find someone you really connect with, don't give up on that chance.
  3. NeverHappy

NeverHappy Well-Known Member

In all my life I've not met anyone who cares - though I've sure as hell met alot who would like nothing better than to see me die.

When I was 9 a filthy slag of a woman and her gang of 10 or so worthless teenage cronies came close to cutting my throat from ear to ear. I wish they'd have gotten it over and done with. My soul is just so incredibly fucked beyond repair and death is the only remedy now.
  4. mike308

mike308 Well-Known Member

Most people suck.
    They just want to take advantage of your pain and misery.
    It must give heartless people a big "thrill" knowing they just stomped on you.
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

You know she may have not been able to deal with what you said.
    Years ago, when I was a teenager, I ended up in the emergency room after oding; my mother turned up and said "if you've quite finished with the hystrionics maybe we can go home now".
    Those words sat in my head for years, but then I began to actually understand my mother...the woman that she is not just the mum that she is.
    My mother has never been able to deal with other people's pain. She will assume the ostrich position (head in sand) when faced with anyone else's depression, neurosis or just flat out pain.
    Maybe your mother was taking up the ostrich position rather than admit that everything is not hunky dory.
  6. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

If you died tonight, I would still be thinking about you a year from now.
    People care. There are so many people in the world just waiting to love people who need it. They'll find you if you want to be found. Believe me when I say it's not too late for you to heal.

What's your name?
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Neverhappy. Please don't kill yourself. It's not that your mother doesn't love you, it's just that she doesn't show her emotions. I'm like that too. Some people just aren't very emotional. Don't let her upset you. :hug:
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Wonderfully said, Terry.
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello NeverHappy,
    I don't think your mother ment any harm. It is a sign of the times. Back in her day you just didn't talk about such things. You just kept it inside and let it eat away at you. I found out my mom tried to commit in her younger days. Now she is in poor health and her and my dad live with my oldest sister and husband. They took her meds away from her and my dad dishes them out to her as prescribed.
    I hope you take this under consideration. She is still your mom. Maybe you should just talk to her about something else. Write it off that she just doesn't understand and is afraid to open that can of worms. I talked about my thoughts with my dad and he and my siblings all agree that they don't understand why I am this way. They said even though they don't understand they will still support me and be there if I want to talk. Good Luck!!:chopper:!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.