so i was taking an online iq test...

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by The Scream, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

2. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

127, but I took my time because it didn't mention it was a factor. My retested score with the same answers was 136.

I'm wondering what the maximum score possible was, as these casual online test rarely go above 140, and the -4 for my 136 was likely due simply to the time it took to fill out the answers, and if I'm correct, I got every question right.

To quote Spencer Reid: "I don't believe intelligence can be accurately quantified."

128 is pretty good though, just don't mistake it as a gauge of your likely success.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
  3. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

Two things -

1) As The Beginning put it (The End in reverse?) put it - Your IQ does not = success. I've met some vagrants and junkies who are FAR more intelligent than your average goon who is successful in the conventional sense. I'm supposedly a genius, but I am a complete loser!

2) Online IQ tests are inaccurate and usually give a higher score than an actual score would give. Not to say your score MUST be lower. Indeed, it could be higher, but don't put your stock in these if you must put your stock into an IQ score. Must reiterate it means nothing in the scheme of things!
  4. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

if im not mistaken, it's time based, so the 2nd time it probably took you less time to complete it =]

as far as i know, all iq tests are time based =]

they calculate 20 seconds per question, if you pass that your result will be influenced =]
  5. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

Actually there are many online ones out there that don't factor it. THEY SHOULD, but more often than not, they don't. I had no reason to believe it did, so I spent my sweet time on a couple of questions I shouldn't have. The retested one was actually just to verify if it was timed, and since it is, both scores are void since it doesn't offer different sets of questions.
  6. sweep

sweep Well-Known Member

cool well done for getting that high score :smile:

i didnt take the same test but i did do one recently and got 113, i did take ages on it tho :D but im pleased with my score still

the questions are really hard, the ones where its a sequence of numbers and u are suppose to find the next number in the sequence.
  7. Deleted SKU

Deleted SKU Well-Known Member

142 on this test, these tests tend to read only up to 3 s.d's from the mean, and are less accurate towards the boundaries (have taken 'high iq' designed tests before, which measure beyond 3 s.d's).

I'm not smart though, just good at IQ tests :p
  8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

126 o.o
  9. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Online IQ tests aren't worth the paper they're not written on.

Regular IQ tests just barely are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.