So I Was Thinking About Joining This....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Godsdrummer, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest dating site, when I realized, I'm ugly. :sad:

At least when it comes to the camera. The only good pics I have of myself available are from back in my drum corps days when i was a teen.

Women smile at me all the time, but I think that's because they feel sorry for me. :huh:

I guess I am destined to be alone.
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'm sure you are not ugly.

And you know what - it's what's on the inside that counts and you'll find someone eventually who loves you for YOU

3. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

for pete sake, no point dwelling on past glory. Every one was young and attractive once dude! Old is Gold now! :)
  4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Wow I know that feeling.... Years ago I tried an online dating thingy and I was totally depressed by the end of the first month as nobody had even looked at my ad let alone responded to it. I didn't know what the problem was until I realized that my ugly picture was scaring people away. I tried to find another picture but I'm pretty ugly so I had no luck.

Anyways it's hard to put your-self out there and then have what seems like the whole world reject can't feel anything but ugly..... I don't know, maybe it's the romantic in me but I think there is someone out there for everybody and no matter how ugly you think you are that person things your HOT. So maybe you'll find that someone by doing the online thingy and maybe it won't work but don't stop trying, I haven't and I've been rejected way to many times, I should of given up long ago....but I keep going cause I know there is someone out there for me just like I know there is someone out there for you. Don't give up.
  5. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Back when I had friends, I had several complain about these 'services.' Dunno how true this is but I heard them claim that they ultimately found out that male members outnumber female members by some ridiculous amount. And that they were just wasting their money.
  6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi... i have never yet tried a 'dating site'. . . but i have an idea. i also take god-awful pictures. i am never happy with a picture of me, so i avoid the camera as a rule. could go to a professional studio, and since you are only wanting one good 'shot', you could pay for a small package. and i know in illinois, moto-photo is where i used to do all my kids pics, and they are affordable but do a good job. they have the proper lighting, and equipment.

be sure to wear your best 'color', and pratice your 'smiles' before you go!
    all studios now offer digital images, therefore you'll be able to get the pic right to your favorite dating site(s)

NOW, that being said - it is really what is inside, that matters. but if you are to meet someone on a 'site', then your true personality may not come out if they are looking an leaving...and not getting to know you. so a good picture is simply a bonus

and by the way.... women don't smile at men they feel sorry for. they look away. women smile at men they think are attractive or sexy. AND, you are not a woman, so you see yourself differently, that a woman does.

good luck with the sites. :smile:
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

A lot of African American women here at my work, smile at me all the time. Now I am not at all a's just that I never even gave thought to wonder down that road.
  8. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

You should. Why not? The most beautiful woman I ever dated was an Algerian. Or there was this Guatemalan girl, of course the most beautiful girl I ever had the pleasure of socializing with was Croatian... Can't decide, really.

I'm biracial - Irish/ black (but look Jewish/Light Latino/goofy) and you'd be surprised how well you can get along with people from other cultures. Of course my family is ridiculous - - my sister is marrying a Persian who left Iran in the 70's when he was 12, one cousin is with a Cuban and another married somebody from Sweden, one's in a long term relationship with a Chinese girl he met at Oxford, etc. etc.

Don't worry about being ugly. Some people won't find you attractive. Other people will. You only need to impress one person.
  9. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hey Bill,

I agree with Sam, it's what's on the inside that counts.

I'm sure you're lovely.