so i'd really like your help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Surely Not, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surely Not

Surely Not Well-Known Member

i know that you guys do not give actual advice on how to kill yourself

but ummm

i have like two hundred prescription pain meds in my room (oxycodone, hydrocodone, darvocet, etc) and i'm wondering what will happen if i take them

will i die?

life is just not going well for me and i know this is what i want

but i don't want to try to kill myself by doing something that's not going to work or leave me worse off than i was before

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

from experience, OD is never guaranteed ever, i wouldnt try it

what has made you feel like this, anythign you wanna talk about?

3. Surely Not

even with a plastic bag tied over your head?

i have felt like this for ten years and have been very suicidal for just as long. i am just at the point where my life is going nowhere and i will never get better and dying will just make everything stop fucking finally.

4. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

You could wake up with brain damage, liver damage and all sorts of other health problems. You'll still be alive but in a much worse state.
    Far better to tell us what your issues are. Have you received any medical help, what was the diagnosis, what's stressing you out in particular at the moment? Talk to us. xxxx

5. Iron Pigeon

Iron Pigeon Member

I know whatcha mean, i OD'd on paracetmol which didn't work and my body has been fucked since, it isn't worth it. I keep telling myself that one day things will get better and your gonna have to aswell.

6. unidentifiable

unidentifiable Well-Known Member

i've tried to OD and it wasn't pretty. i wouldn't suggest it. it's painful.

7. Surely Not

fuck fuck fuck that's all i have around here that will do any sort of damage and i just need to get out

i'm dropping out of high school and getting my ged because i can't be fucking bothered to continue going

my depression is so bad. i have no motivation. there's nothing that matters to me and i doubt that will ever change, or if it does it won't matter

i just want to die.

8. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

You need to see a doctor or go to the Accident and Emergency room.. you can get help and things will improve but you need medical intervention. Or you can talk about what's going on in your life thats so bad you feel like this.
    Dropping out of school isn't the end of the world. I left school at 15 with no qualifications. I now have a B.Sc and a M.A. - you can always go back, there's no upper age limit.
    Talk to us. xxxx

9. Surely Not

i'll be sent to a psychiatric ward and i have already dealt with that far too many times. it's not something that helps.

i'm seventeen. i've been dealing this since i was seven. i don't remember ever being happy.

i just want a way out but i cannot find anything that would actually provide that.

i am so lifeless

10. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

im 21, and feel for ya, ive been like this since i can remember too. theres some hope thou, you gotta find it. maybe once you get your ged you can move somewhere new and start over? it helped me to get away from home, i found new things that suck about where i am now, but i plan on leaving and finding somewhere else to go...maybe you need a change of scenery to give yourself time to figure out what you wanna do (outside of your emotional stuff)

11. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Why will you be sent to a psych ward? Can't they just give you some meds and counselling? What's causing you to feel like this?

12. Surely Not

change does not help anything. i've tried that.

13. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

so I'm you've had treatment for chronic pain and for depression, but it hasn't worked.

For both, and especially the chronic pain, I would recommend trying acupuncture.

there is more I can recommend if you are interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.