So, I'm an awful person

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by nezumiceplak, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nezumiceplak

nezumiceplak Member

Over the past year the one person who has been there for me as much as he could was my boyfriend. And I really do love him a lot, but I've cheated on him. I don't know why I did, and I don't know what to do about it. I've lead the other guy on so much now that, no matter what, I'm going to really hurt someone. I feel terrible, and I've never felt so guilty in my life :sad::sad::sad::cry::cry: :cry2::cry2:
  2. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

cold blooded, i don't mean to make fun or be mean. but, make the choice. one or the other but honesty is needed or more pain will follow.

but what do i know?
  3. danni

danni Chat Buddy

4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Everyone makes mistakes. Things will turn out ok... don't worry. As said before, you just have to be honest with your feelings. *hugs*
  5. Veclord

Veclord Active Member

You've done something really awful and there's no way to go back and undo it. Don't think that I'm pointing a finger at you or being judgemental, but do you truly believe that you love him after having went off with somebody else behind his back? If he was as supportive as you say, that's a pretty crappy way to repay him.

You're still so young, but you really have to learn to have some respect for people who care for and support you. The next time another person tempts you, STOP and think! Ask yourself if you love the person you're in a relationship with enough to not be adulterous and dishonest towards them, and base your actions on that answer.

You don't have many options at this point. But you've gotten past the first step and admitted that you have in fact gone behind his back and you aren't in denial. With that, you can either be upfront and tell him that you did it or you can try to hide it and continue on as if nothing happened. But know that by not telling him yourself you risk someone else telling him about it, and should that happen it's going to bring a level of drama and stress upon you and him you never dreamed of.

You also have to go into this realizing that he probably isn't going to forgive you and things between you and him might never be the same. If that happens the only thing you can do is take it and move on. And once you find your next mate, vow to yourself to be true and faithful. Especially if they are there for you in ways that a tempting person on the outside isn't.

Have hope and good luck to you. All of us make mistakes!
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

7. Alastair

Alastair Well-Known Member

play both sides untill one of them finds out
  8. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

ignore this.
  9. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

hmmm i kinda agree with this, It is good that you feel guilty though, that makes you human! and not an evil psyco bitch! lol

Yeah, you did wrong, and it seems to me that you realise that. Which is good, i really mean that, it is good that you see you have done wrong.

Yeah, ok, so, you tell him, and things will not be the same, id love to say they will be, and he might even say they will be, but they wont (ive kinda been in a similar situation)

However, that does not mean that you can't have a great relationship, a loving relationship.

There are so many things i could say about this, but i guess people like to get to the point.

After failing in a few relationships, seems to me, that the key to a succesful, forfilling relationship is honesty and being open. Yeah you fucked up, and there will be a reason, but it's happened and theres nothing you can do about it. It is up to you, if you feel guilty, i suggest you tell him, (and give him time to process what you tell him it could take some sinking in) and forget about the other person. It's impossible to predict what will happen, but, if he's willing to forgive you, dont let him go! cos he's one hell of a man if he does :)

You'll be alright love, promise.

(btw im kinda drunk, so you can ignore all that if you wish :) )
  10. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Tell him the truth. If you love him you wouldn't have done it in the first place and if you love him as you say you do you should tell him now. No offense if he breaks up with you, I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't want to be cheated on either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.