So I'm asking this girl out: Ideas wanted...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by wibble, Jun 10, 2009.

1. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Right, any of you that know me well will know that my last girlfriend cloned my credit card and stole £1000 from me. Combined with the bullshit I get almost every day at work for the way I look, its put me off dating for about 2 years.

Recently I've met this girl at work. I really like her, she's sweet, funny and gorgeous. And I want to ask her out. I know she doesnt have a boyfriend, and she actually speaks to me instead of being repulsed by me, which is cool.

I've no problem with the confidence issue at all, because I've been alone for so long and been rejected by so many women I find that rejection doesnt bother me anymore.

So my question is this, how do I ask her out? What, exactly do I say?

I realise this sounds like a stupid question, but bare with me. I asked 2 girls out last year, both said yes, but both gave me the big Lets Just Be Friends before we went out. So I want to avoid the whole "Date" word, but I want to communicate that I'm after more than friendship, if that makes sence?

So any ideas, suggestions or help would be awesome.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I personally like subtle suggestions, like for instance do you know what sorts of things she enjoys? Taking the music route is always good like saying "Oh I'm a fan of so and so as well, do you have tickets to the show?" (hope that she says no!), so then you can say "well I have 2 tickets if you are up for coming along? I usually buy 2 and then ask a friend". At least that way it's an informal date, you've used the friend word so that you can get to know each other outside of work and suss out if she's even looking for somebody or if things might work out in the long run.

After this maybe you could try and ask her out more formally by saying 'I had a really good time the other night, would you want to maybe catch a movie this weekend?'.
  3. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Have you thought about asking her to have coffee or something with you after work. It is so cliche that they will know what you mean :p Then if it goes well ask her out to coffee again or something else and slowly build it up ^^ finally asking her out. if she has common sense she would of realized you like her by that time.