So i'm new to this forum

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lorax, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

A bit of back ground. I have been suicidal for years. I didn't realize it till an attempt. I have tried multiple times. I have a variety of issues, PTSD, bi polar, shizo. Or so they tell me. I tried every kind of medication, but it always makes it worse. I had a lot of bad things in life. Trauma, pain, addiction, loss. I have used my support team up, my family is tired of me being "sad" my friends just tell me to "man up" my girlfriend left me. My councelor moved. I go day by day, never seeing that there's a tomorrow. Just trying to be happy in the moment. I lost my job, right after my girlfriend left. I want to go into the next world. But feel trapped in a painful life. Maybe someone here can relate?

2. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello Lorax,
    Welcome to the forum! I myself from PTSD and bi polar disorder and social anxiety. So I can understand why it would be very hard on you to day to day life. There's most days I don't even want to get out of bed cause I'm so depressed. I'm sorry you don't have friends who are supportive of you. At the moment, I myself don't work cause my depression is affecting my life. It gets very hard to tell people especially when I tell others that I'm not working at the moment. Just please don't give up, I know we get in certain moments where we think we won't get through it but in the end we always get through those hard days. Hope you can find what you're looking for on here. If you ever wanna talk or anything, just send me a message. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

3. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that. I've only met a few people that have anything close in terms of my disorders. I've been spending days just staying up to 9-10am then getting some stress sleep. I too struggle to tell people. I tend to share too much too soon and scare people away. In terms of work, i need a job fast.. But my last one made me anxious and upset. I honestly don't feel like i can work how i'm going. At the moment, my mood is super high.. I fear being happy sometimes.. I know it will eventually turn into severe pain.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Lorax. Welcome to sf. I think its a great community. So I am glad you are here. Please keep posting. Many people here who do post find that it helps. Because they do not feel as alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.