so im shy and wanna die

Status
Not open for further replies.
so yeah, im unable to approach people and make friends, and they make no effort to befriend me, obviously cause they're too shy too. Im not fortunate enough to have been in the same class or been a family member of someone who was actually willing to be my friend. so what do i do now?? I work with a bunch of old guys who got families and dont hang out. I got no one, nothing. just all alone here.

theres no help for this at all. they have tons of help for useless things like dances, biology, physics, poetry, knitting and various other completely useless skills, but nothing for overcoming shyness which is the most important skill ever.

councellors just ask me how i feel and try and drug me up on something that doesnt solve the problem, but simply gives an artificial happiness which shuts me up.

Why does every care so much about things that dont matter? like what goes on in a country where they dont live, or what a celbrity does, or how a hockey/football game went. how bout the complete lack of communication going on in the city?? Ive gone out, and no one talks to me at all, no one is interested in any kind of friendship at all. there seems to be a major communication breakdown and no one cares

what do i do???? Id rather die than live like this

I'm same.

I'm depressed too, but because of race. I know that whites are supreme, but I am not white so that's too bad for me.

It's really out of my character to not be shy...if your not shy, you just go around talking to everyone...if you have pride in yourself and an ego and if your selfish.

But I don't have ego, or selfishness, or I don't have pride for myself...

I hate other people who are THAT selfish...they worship American Idols, celebrities...that is there God..

but my God is Jesus Christ, but he's white and I'm not..."sigh"

Allo..

Ajay, i comepletely agree with you. Why don't people teach you how to stop the shyness! Why are we so hung up on things that have nothing to do with us like a celebrity getting married or wahtever. What about wahts going on here!

good luck. i cant tell you waht to do.

Ajay, I am a shy person too..

I think what you're doing is really worth it...
Yeah, people talk about vain things...

But do that which is good; and you will be rewarded for your good works! :laugh:

yo, they wouldnt let me put my pic, but im not white either, im east indian
and shit, im gona destroy shyness worldwide, I shall rid this world of it

this aint some cute little fear that you get over, this is life destroying social phobia

ok now, shyness is a problem but nothing to die for! i used to be shy to, but now im as un-shy as u can be, right now i could make a speech infront of the whole world!

wanna no how i got over shyness? PRACTICE PATIENCE AND DEDICATION! now ur not completly true, there r classes that can make u not as shy, u just need to look around a bit, examples; Acticting Classes/Lessons, Creative Communication Classes, Speech Classes, etc... just look around a bit and dont be worried about taking classes, because 85% of the people at the classes are also worried

ALSO A REALLY GOOD WAY TO GET OVER SYNESS, go to a bar/mall or somwhere far from were u live so u wiill never see any of the people there again, now find someone who is alone there and try to gain couage to talk to them, if u mess up dont worry, if u r far enough u will prolly never see that person again

and remember if u want to get over shyness u need to beed dedicated and have patience

ace

yo, they wouldnt let me put my pic, but im not white either, im east indian
and shit, im gona destroy shyness worldwide, I shall rid this world of it

this aint some cute little fear that you get over, this is life destroying social phobia
It is a serious problem social phobia Ajayyy and dont let people tell you it's no big deal,the ones who say that have no idea.I don't suffer from social phobia but my illnesses cause great distress at times in certain places and I'm well aware about social phobia.As the meeting point with someone is first base people don't realise how important and maybe serious this illness is.

I'm same.

I'm depressed too, but because of race. I know that whites are supreme, but I am not white so that's too bad for me.

It's really out of my character to not be shy...if your not shy, you just go around talking to everyone...if you have pride in yourself and an ego and if your selfish.

But I don't have ego, or selfishness, or I don't have pride for myself...

I hate other people who are THAT selfish...they worship American Idols, celebrities...that is there God..

but my God is Jesus Christ, but he's white and I'm not..."sigh"
whoaaa, buddy the times ave changed, racism isnt as much of a problem anymore. if ur being treated unfairly by ur race i suggest u report it and move somewhere else

also just look at hollywood for a example there are all different types of races in hollywood, and nobody treats them different, they all get treated the same

and the jesus christ thing... God loves everyone, no matter how they dress or wat color or race, he loves all of us, and right now he loves u and wants u to stop being depressed about ur race and color

also fyi, white arent the supream

-Robbie

wanna no how i got over shyness? PRACTICE PATIENCE AND DEDICATION! ... and remember if u want to get over shyness u need to beed dedicated and have patience
This advice is like telling a depressed person to "just practice acting happy." It takes quite alot of work (NOT going to malls and talking to random people) to improve social phobia, but it CAN be improved and sometimes even cured.

Robbie: social phobia is a serious issue that cannot be overcome by "practice." Please read up on it before giving out advice.

Ajayyyy - there are counselors who will help you without pushing meds on you (although some meds can be helpful - they help you respond to the therapy and you don't have to take them forever).

Hey. I have REALLY BAD shyness/social phobia too! It is a nightmare! I agree that there seems to be a serious breakdown in communication going on these days. Its really sad and really painful. I just make up my own 'friends' and live in a fantasy world to cope. Without it life would be unbearable. I know some may think its strange for a grown woman to still be living in a fantasy world but hell, people dont care anyway. I just create my own worlds and people, LOL. I have to do what I have to do to survive in this shithole! But yeah I know that imaginary friends can never really take the place of real friends. So that is why you find me here at this suicide forum wishing for death to take me away. Life is so lonely:(.

Sonya

Sailor, that is cool that you love Christ so much! I love him too:). And Jesus loves you. He love us all. No matter what race or color we are:).

Sonya

ace

Ajay and Sailor that you aren't white to me makes no difference what so ever and to so many people,I'm white yet associate or try to with people of all races,colour etc.I just wanted to let you dudes know that you're my brothers as much as anyone and I don't care what colour you're,next of all regarding shyness it's indeed a serious problem and it's not by any means so easy to overcome despite what anyone says.

Life is lonley; but when you know who created Life, you would be happy again!

How do you know he's not white?

Anyway...Ajay, HOLD ON!

You can overcome shyness. Your not really shy...you just need to find something interesting in you, and present it as much as you can.

For example, I love to write, so I try to show people I am good at writing.

What are you good at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00