So it seems I lost, again.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by FrainBart, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I had an appointment with the psychiatrist today, at the outpatients clinic. Was surprised at how fast I got an appointment with him, because it usually is a rather long wait. So, after sat waiting for 10 minutes over the appt time, I finally get to speak to him. I was in there for a full 20 minutes. 20 minutes for everything to be dismissed, and disregarded. I am not being referred on to cmht. Talking therapy only offered me phone call assistance/ appointment. Not getting counselling. I am feeling pretty much downtrodden. I was told I did not need to be referred to cmht. He did not ask much about how I have been feeling, just what situation I have found myself in. He held back on fully discharging me after the first appt, he is going to wait 6 months, see me again, and then discharge me back to gp. I spent so much energy to go and get myself help... for everything to be blown out the water... really.. I am just at square one, and starting to feel like no matter what I do, this is always going to be the way for me.

The only piece of advice I got from the psychiatrist.. "you should get an administrator job, in office kind of work, you have the personality, and the face for it" Cheers. Thanks. I guess all I can say out of the experience is maybe I should just go in with my scars on display, might be taken seriously then...

I really dont know which route to take from here.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am so sorry it was not more helpful - When it is people or friends you can try to make allowances for it not being in their capacity ot understand or too much for them but when it is the "professionals" that are not listening it is truly disheartening. On one side of the ocean the care is available but many can't afford, the other side it is "free" but they will not provide it. I wish I had suggestions to you but aside from make a lot of noise until they listen all I have is a :hug:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That just stinks...is there any person/committee for you to complain to? If he is finished, that does not mean you have to be...I wish I understood what people had in mind when they make these decisions about someone else's well being

4. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Thank you for replies.

Just feel like the health system here really doesn't care, stick em on pills and keep them away is the attitude they seem to be taking. I feel rather let down, that I made so much effort to get this help for them to pretty much tell me no, I dont need it.

maybe I should sink back down into the pit, can't be fucked right now to do anything else.

5. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry this has happened. Can understand how disappointed you feel. I've been there. I would be tempted to email the shrink you saw laying out your feelings, how much it took to get there and how you feel now. Be really honest. He obviously couldn't see all this for himself so make sure he knows. Send a copy to your GP.

6. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

they dont provide email addresses to contact them, you have to go through your gp. Right now there is nothing more they have to offer me, Really dont see why I should bother again

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

This is exactly what I have been through hun, which is why I keep finding myself in such states of suicidal despair because I want the help, but going to get it triggers me because they simply don't listen. Have you looked into getting some private therapy? I know it's expensive, but they do discounts for certain financial situations. Even if it's something you can only afford once a month or every couple of months, at least it's something. And it does help.

Also, go and complain to PALS. If you state how badly you feel and how you were dismissed they may be able to arrange something. Sometimes you just have to kick up such a stink that they have no choice but to listen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.