so itchy!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by meagainstme, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

my scars are really raised and big and they itch like crazy!!!

ive been putting E45 itch relief cream on them but doesnt really work.
    anyone got anything that works for them?
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have you tried calamine lotion?
  3. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I have this problem too at the moment with two particular scars. It's driving me mad! Calamine lotion hasn't worked for me, nor has hydrocortisone or any moisturisers etc...

trapped88, I empathise, I really do...
  4. ***LEA***

***LEA*** Guest

Sounds more like they coud be infected and need antibiotic cream/tablets. Itching like that is usually a warning of infection in the wound, especially if it is raised also. I would take a trip to the Doctors surgery.
    Love Lea :biggrin:
  5. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Really? Even if it's a scar?
  6. blub

blub Guest

hehe lol, didnt even knew there was stuff to make that less. I think everyone around me thinks i have flees or something :laugh: hmm thats not that funny, but still :laugh: Lol if that would be an infection, i would be this one big infection, its just part of it, scars are itchy, dont think its an infection, but i'm not a doc :unsure:
  7. blade

blade Well-Known Member

no sorry i don't but i know what you mean , it gets really ichy right. i hate it espeilly when you have a thick brcelet or something and it sticks to it and it burns beacuse of the sweat.

sorry honney i don't have anything.
  8. Mandeemoo

Mandeemoo Member

my head is itchy because i haven't washed my hair in awhile. :tongue:
  9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Well as far as infection you can have an infection even with scars, sometimes the outside of the wound will heal but kinda infected and not all the way healed underneath. What I do is put Aloe Vera on them, helps a little bit..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.