so its all my fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollowvoice

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
so after a week of seeing no one,no eating,and numerous cuts i saw a relative who said its my fault im down and i need to "get a grip"and go out more, so that helped im all better now life is great :irony:
yeah you say that if your the last person to see me alive

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
sorry your relatives disregarded your problems as nothing :( very unfair of them... hope you feel better soon, much love, inmemoryofyou :)

Fitzy

Some people are just idiots! Is there anyone who you can talk with who is more sensible and caring than that? X

Ouroboros

SF Supporter
They obviosuly don't understand at all. now staying locked up etc isn't going to help you but neither is forcing you out into the world. Very major reason i have not seen hardly any of my relatives in a very long time. They have alot of opinions and judgements and always think they are right... point is we can't all be right because that would be impossible and someone who hasn't experienced these things won't understand, the best thing would be to be supportive i think, just let someone know you are there if they want you, not to force your opinions on them and belittle their problems. :hug: take the time you need to get through this particularly hard time, you are still fighting which is great, and winning at the moment as u are still here. This person doesn't understand, if they are in your life a relatively high amount you might like to consider explaining your feelings perhaps in a letter or something.. if you were comfortable with that of course, otherwise try not to let there ignorance drag you down further, I have a feeling they meant well, if they didn't care they probably wouldn't have even said anything or been alot nastier... They seem to have been trying the 'tough love' approach, but not really getting how that would make you feel. stay strong, you can get through this, just take the time you need :hug:

hollowvoice

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
thanks guys for the quick responses it means alot that i can come here to people who understand,tbh this is the place i come for more sensible people.
i do have a drop in centre i can go to sit around and feel safer thanks maybe ill pop down there for a coffee and chat
it just hurts more when its from someone you know :(

ourobos your right im always telling people here other people who havnt experienced depression dont get it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ouroboros

SF Supporter
that drop in centre sounds good (if u can) go for it :hug:

empathy is hard to practice when you have no reference, I hope one day they will learn and appreciate they just don't get it but that doesn't mean the pain isn't real.

take care x

Hugs

Always here if you'd like to talk.

Drop in center might be a good idea today, I know you may not wish to go but just to force yourself in a way to get out and sure you can leave anytime.

And of course whoever said that was just an idiot, I am sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
im sorry relatives don't get it hun unless they have experianced it they just cant understand I do hope you get out okay meet some people that do get it hugs

doityourself

Sometimes family can be our worst enemy.

idiots I tell ya, tell em where they can shove thier little comments.

Dont let them get to you, they just want to make themselves feel/look better by hurting others.

icequeen

thats exactly the reason i avoid people "get out more...you should be feeling better now" what the hell do they know??? its bad enough from friends but from family it can make you feel even more worthless.

do what you want to do in your own time, dont let anyone judge you , they have no idea of what you have been and are going through so can never understand how hurtful their comments are. all they need to do is be there as a shoulder to let you talk even if they dont understand, not to dismiss what you are going through. its why i tell my family nothing...and i am even cautious with friends apart from the fact i really dont want them to worry.

but ignore the "get over it" crap...you move at your own pace in your own time, if it was that easy none of us would be on meds!

:hug:

IV2010

so after a week of seeing no one,no eating,and numerous cuts i saw a relative who said its my fault im down and i need to "get a grip"and go out more, so that helped im all better now life is great :irony:
yeah you say that if your the last person to see me alive
boy does that make me angry

it's an insensitive comment from someone who has no idea...

if it was that easy why aren't we all 'cured'

*hugs*

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I told my family and they don't understand but will support me in my problems.. That got under my skin.. So now when they ask I tell them everything is fine..Then later on they see the handfull of meds I take..Some people huh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00