So last night...

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Itsme:), Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itsme:)

Itsme:) Well-Known Member

My friend tried to kill herself... I don't know the details (which is probably good because i'm sure posting details here is frowned upon)
    But luckily it didn't work
    I've spoke to her this morning and she just isn't saying much
    I'm not trying to push her into talking about it... but i think she should/needs to?
    I've asked her to talk to me about it at some point today when she feels ready... but I dunno what else to say
    Do I just act normal or i dunno :(

x

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Let her know that you will listen without judging and that you will go at her pace. Then be as you would normally be with her. X

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope she is in professional care now they will helpher open up and get help If not time to get her help okay if she will go take her to emergency and get some help for your friend.

4. Itsme:)

She hasn't got any professional support... i know she should and we have talked about it before and i know she should but right now today I think she just needs to focus on the short term

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

What is the short term really to get her stabilized right and to do that you need to get her in to see her doctor or see another professional someone who can help and treat her. I know you have to power to do this but it is in her best interest to get her help as soon as possible hugs

6. Itsme:)

I know, thanks
    She is okay physically now, I just think I need to get her to open up about it first before I dive in with trying to get her to make some big choices and changes...

7. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Your friend is lucky to have someone who is as supportive and caring as you are.

I hope that she is doing much better today.

8. Itsme:)

Thankyou :)
    I think she is, nights are worse so will have to see how tonight goes x

9. anonmn

anonmn Active Member

Just say you'd like to hang out, no strings attached and she doesn't have to talk about anything.

She probably wants to talk about it, but needs to know she can trust you completely and be completely vulnerable with you.

10. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Don't force her in to anything. Just let her know you will be there when she needs to talk. Find out if she does have anything in place as although she is your friend you can't be carrying it all on your shoulders.

x

11. Itsme:)

she had another bad night...
    I don't mind having it all on my shoulders, i can deal with it, its her i care about

12. anonmn

anonmn Active Member

That's a kind and noble thing and she is lucky to have you. Luckier than most of us are. But to her it probably sounds like pressure.

If you need more advice just let us know how things are developing.

13. Itsme:)

Thankyou, she is having a bad time now...
    Its come at a time that i can't see her
    I don't know what to do... she text me saying she was going to tonigh and stuff i tried to do it but shes left it now and i don't know what to do... i know i didn't manage to change her mind... i just hope she does herself... >.<

14. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Hello

You should be there for your friend if she tried to kill herself. I don't think you should pressure her into talking about it she'll talk about it when she's ready to talk. But I'd call a therapist and pay for a couple of classes for her to talk to someone about what made her try to kill herself whats going on in her life.

15. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Do any of her relatives know that she is still suicidal and planning on attempting again? If not you should probably let them know, because you can't keep an eye on her continuously. You're a good friend for caring so much. I hope she's okay. :hug:

16. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

just be a friend, don't judge. leave the formal therapeutic stuff alone for your sake (and hers).

by all accounts the worst feeling after an attempt for me was the shame of my friends thinking i was f*cked up, and feeling uncomfortable around me. so i guess be warm and gentle.

17. Itsme:)

Thanks everyone
    Her family have known of one previous attempt and they didn't handle it too well but the don't know how she is feeling now, but as i'm the only one she talks to about this i don't want to ruin that trust right now

I'm just trying to be as normal as i can but talk about it at any moments that feel right...
    dunno if thats enough though

18. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

i hope you have some strategies in place to take care of yourself during this time as well?

19. Itsme:)

:unsure:
    not really
    i'm usually very good at dealing with this kind of stuff...
    ('usually' doesn't sound great... but i seem to have a tendency to get close to the people who have these kinds of problems... don't really know why...)
    this time i just feel she is getting so close...
    and it scares me... alot

20. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

How is your friend doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.