So life changes

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by princessofelegance, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princessofelegance

princessofelegance Well-Known Member

So a few things in my life have changed recently.
    Rather than being left to self harm as and when I want/need to. The boyfriend has half moved in, and will be moving in properly in october.
    Which is amazing and everything I ever wanted. But self harming has gotten to a minimum and its difficult for me to cope with that.
    All the potential instruments of self harm and meds get locked up every night in the cupboard.
    And sometimes all i want to do is SCREAM! I just want to rip open the cupboard and you know what happens after that.
    I dont know how to control the urges. They are breaking me into little peices. Clouding my thoughts and making my general existence very difficult.
    I dont know what to do. I honestly dont know if i can take anymore of it.
    He loves me, and doesnt want me to self harm. But i dont know if i can live a self harm free life.
    its been part of my life for 8 years and Im not ready to give it up yet. Im reduced to finding other ways of self harming.
    Nothing works as well as cutting. But even that i can't do anymore. :(
    I have no idea how to get through this. It doesnt help that im depressive phase either. Seriously depressed. So wanting to self harm is the main feeling at the moment.

Rant over. Any ideas?
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, the alternative I use to self-harming is an elastic band. When I feel down I pull it and the sting helps me a lot. I use it a lot and it does work. It's so simple and effective. Try it and it a go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.