So like, is it bad to be bisexual?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Corieh Infected, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Corieh Infected

Corieh Infected Well-Known Member

I'm kinda on the inbetween. o.o;

I can say a girl is really hot, and stuff, like I'll like looking at her body, but I won't want to touch her or do anything.

Then like, I can talk to a girl and really click sometimes, and it's just kinda nice.

Like, when I was younger, I kinda got pushed into some stuff by this girl..

So, is it bad to think about being bisexual?

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I don't think it's bad at all. I think it's completly natural. If I were you, I'd just let myself feel. Do what you think is right.

3. danni

danni Chat Buddy

nope.

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

It's only bad if YOU THINK it's bad, it's really no one's business except for the consenting adults. Safe sex is safe sex, no matter who it's between.

5. Ire

Ire Guest

No, I'm bisexual lol.

I think it's a good way to go. Why not enjoy both sides?

6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Nope, that'd be like saying it's bad to be heterosexual or homosexual. It's just the way you feel, nothing wrong with it.

7. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with it. I don't think you seem bi sexual anyway. Most people can 'tell' or even appreciate someone else who is good looking from their own sex without wanting to have sex with them.

8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, it doesn't sound to me like the O.P. is really bisexual.

1.) You have deep connections with other girls/women. No big surprise there. We girls often connect with other girls on a level that is different from our connections with men. Straight men do the same thing all the time. It may be deeper, more personal, or just different. That may just be a deep friendship.

2.) You say you like to look at women's/girls' bodies. Who doesn't? Women can be beautiful. I am 100% heterosexual and I have no problem admiring other women and even pointing them out to my husband :)

3.) You say that although you like to look at members of the same sex, you don't want to "do anything" with them.

Sounds to me like you are completely normal and that movies and society have made you think that being bisexual might be cool or hip while trying to convince you to "explore".

Honestly, I think you're probably straight and I wouldn't jump into anything, especially considering the abuse you say you experienced as a child which might be confusing you even more.

Good luck, whatever happens :)

9. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

I agree with the posts above (nice to see you again btw :smile::smile::smile:)
    Although, I think most people, regardless of their sexual orientation, can tell whether someone of either gender is hot or not.
    I'm not sexual at all but sometimes when I meet or see someone I can go "there's a handsome man" or "that's a very pretty woman".

10. simagirl

simagirl Active Member

you know what i say? what ever floats your boat....or anyones boat. you should grow to feel comfortable with your sexuality, even if it means taking a little time to understand it better. :fish::laugh:

11. gag

gag Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with it.

And being a girl if you decide to come out about it (if you haven't already) odds are you won't recieve nearly as much negative response as a guy might.

12. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

From what I get from your initial post, it sounds like you're not bisexual, but y'know... You never know.

Why give it a name anyway? When you're certain of your sexuality, it might come in handy to 'label' yourself, so you can explain that bit of yourself to others in one word.. But in general, I don't see why it matters what name it has. Being homosexual or bisexual doesn't make you different from heterosexuals. You're still the same person, it's just that you have feelings for people of the same sex (as well as the other sex, in the case of bisexuality).

I look at it like this:
    You fall in love with a person. Well there are a few scenarios there:
    (talking about a woman now, for the guys it's the other way around obviously)
    The people you fall in love with always are female, always are male, or it differs (sometimes you fall in love with someone who happens to be of the male sex, other times they happen to be of the female sex). People have given these situations names because they like to 'label' people cos that seems easier ( :rolleyes: )

[note: I am aware that it's not always one of these three situations (some other situations may involve a-sexuality, hermaphrodites, transgender, transvestites etc), but I figured that the situations I named are the ones relevant to the OP's post.]

I myself am someone whom society labels as bisexual, but I just prefer to look at it like this:
    I fall in love with a person and I don't care what sex they are.
    Admittedly though, I have a total lack of interest in sexual acts within relationships, so in that sense you could call me an 'asexual bisexual' :rolleyes:

13. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

^My gf is an 'asexual lesbian' then. When she said I should become 'lesbian' I said, that's not going to happen :laugh: We play around with words/labels a lot, she prefers great 'butch dyke' and loves it when people identify her as such and throws names at her on the street.

There's nothing wrong with identifying as bisexual. I don't identify as that though.

14. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

What do you identify as, if I may ask?

15. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Nothing. I prefer just 'nothing' at the moment. p.s thanks for the email I'll reply to you on Monday :smile:

16. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with it at all whatever your attracted to really. Btw guys for some strange reason find if a girl is bisexual it is just that more of a turn on lol don't know why its just the way it is.

17. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

And when guys are bisexual they get gay-bashed and ostracized. Aren't double standards fun?

18. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I once heard that bisexuals were the best kind of peolple because they are accepting to both males and females. They can get along with everyone which is great. I like being heterosexual though, but that's just who I am.

19. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

corie i say its never a bad thing to be yourself i think the worst thing you can be is NOT yourself.be yourself and like who ever you want be it a man or woman.

20. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Nah when girls say their bisexual there are always sinister undercurrents depending on who you're talking to- such as, you're going through a phase, you've been sexually abused that's why you're with a woman- because it's safe, just wait a while and you'll find a 'man,' because that's what you really want. Or you're doing that to turn on men because that's all you're worth in the world. Or you're being fashionable. Or you're a slut. Or you're just being a teenage rebel :rolleyes:. Absolutely offensive and misogynistic things like that. It depends on the group you're with.

I just don't want to be defined by labels where heterosexuality is the 'norm' and everything else is defined in opposition to that. Sexuality is a very complex thing and far more complicated to me than those terms. Same with gender, (ie, transgendered/transexual/genderqueer people) which is also an issue with me, so that's why I don't like identifying as bisexual as it's so much more complicated when gender comes into it. I generally fall in love first. I'm an incredibly emotional person and emotions and physical things are closely intertwined with me. If they are separate I tend to feel very lost and empty.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008