so lonely it hurts

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darkrider, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I feel like my personality, the person who I am has withered away over the years, like an unwatered plant left in the sun.

When you spend so much time alone you begin to struggle to communicate with people, even with the best intentions. I'm more paranoid these days, and scared of many things. Disillusioned with life. When you spend so much time alone it becomes difficult to get back out there.

Over the past few years i've got to a point where I have no real friends, no university course, career prospects, job, girlfriends, excitement, FUN etc.. I have possibilities but im so confused with everything and don;t know where to turn to. Everyone else my age is having fun with each other and moving on with life. But here I am at 20, alone, worried, depressed and totally disillusioned. I feel i'm in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't get my head around that this is here and now, and this is my life. It's almost too much.

2. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

First of all i'm very sorry that you feel this way, i know exactly what you mean, i kind of feel the same at times too; so you're not alone in this.
    To me it seems like this loneliness thing is taking over your life and preventing you from enjoying yourself - this has to stop.
    While it might be hard for you, i think you should consider some therapy or just some form of counselling to help you get back in touch with the world - you're gonna have to push yourself if you want to start enjoying life again. I'm assuming maybe something happened to you that made you withdraw yourself from society and caused you to become even more lonely - am i wrong? if that's the case then i do think talking to a councellor about it will really help you.

In the meantime I'm here if you need someone to talk to :)
    All the best xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.