so lonely

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by hetty, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hetty

hetty New Member

Hi I'm Hetty I joined this forum to try and see some light. Last night I was in hospital after a suicide attempt, tonight I'm alone in a hotel room trying to make sense of what I'm feeling. I feel like I have no one who really understands how I'm feeling. I've not chosen to feel like this and I wish with all my heart I didn't, but I do. Will the darkness ever end?

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome to SF Hetty. I think you will find lots of people who understand how you are feeling here. I've told people irl about how I feel and I receive awkward looks and I'm viewed differently because of it, like I did a bad thing. None of us choose to feel like this, yet for some reason people don't understand. The stigma associated with mental health is really terrible in the world, but thankfully you won't find that here. I hope you can find some support and friendship on this site, maybe you will also find someone who understands exactly what you are going through. To answer your question, I believe it can. It takes time to heal but it's definitely possible. I think we will always carry the emotional scars of our past, but with the right care and support, that darkness can fade and will make way for light.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF hetty. I am sorry to hear you find yourself in such a dark place right now. Yes, the darkness can end and the light of hope can shine through. Some find it easy to find and others struggle more. Make sure you find a good support system and reach out for help when you need it. You have taken a step in the right direction already. You may have good days and you may have bad days. Try not to be discouraged if you experience set backs. Those seem to happen as we work on the process of healing. Set achievable goals and celebrate then as you reach them. We are here to celebrate with you. Take care and stay safe.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Hetty and welcome to the forum. You are not alone here. We are friends amongst you, we understand what you are going through. I am really glad your attempt did NOT work or I wouldn't have had the pleasure of welcoming you. Keep talking to us here and get out of the darkness you are in now!

5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hetty, Welcome to SF, I have not chosen to feel like you do either, I wish with all my heart that none of us here felt the same thing, we do or did though, if not now at one time we did. I have to hope and believe that the darkness will end, we too know how you feel!
    You are not alone, I hope that you will continue to reach out here to us, read our forums, talk to anyone that reaches out to you when you are ready! I hope that you will find we are in a safe place, we are people that care! No one here will judge or make you feel that what you have to say is unimportant! We are here to assist and support you! Please take care of yourself, be gentle on yourself!

6. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hetty I'm also here to cope with loneliness so feel free to message me anytime to talk if you need to vent or just want company. And yes not only does the darkness end, you are not alone in it, we are all here to help you through it:)

7. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hetty, welcome. I am glad you are still a part of this world. And that you have found this site. Everyone here understands how it feels to want to die. We may not have been through the same things you have. But we have been through trials. We have learned not to judge each other. We all react differently to things and none of us want to feel the way we do. You will find support here, from people who just want to feel good again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.