so lost

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cofmadness, Sep 23, 2009.

1. cofmadness

cofmadness Well-Known Member

I've spiraled to the bottom, hit rock bottom as they like to say... I'm scared and alone and realized I have bad anxiety it keeps me from doing shit normal people do and it causes many regrets, I don't think it's a chemical thing, I think it's situational, always situational bad luck? idk but I know I don't know how to fix it. Tried shrinks and they havent helped. I have a feeling I'm going to die by own hands one day if it's not accidental.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well if you look around your darkness you will see there are others that will help hun. Try to help you through this so you arent scared and get you to see you arent alone. You have the members here hun. Reach out. Keep posting, let those that can grab your hand and help you back up. Maybe help you see a different outcome to what your feeling and thinking about your fate.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are feeling so lost. If your thoughts of suicide nature then i think it could be your depression is of a chemical nature. I would try to get a psychologist who can talk to you about your thoughts and help you get them clearer. Talk with your doctor GP even and see what new medications there are now so many with less side effects. Try a new med with therapy works even better. I think here most psych doctors are just to give meds with no therapy You need to talk to a professional who cares. I am glad you are here because there are many people who care keep talking okay
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi H,

I have really bad anxiety too. It prevents me from doing anything I want to do in life, but I know there is always hope and if I keep surviving, I will get there eventually :)

Have you tried therapy? :arms:
  5. cofmadness

yeah you guys are right. it's not easy. I have tried therapy with two different doctors but it didn't help and I'm skeptical about going again 'cause I don't wanna waste money on another quack and be let down again
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

you say you tried shrinks, but have you tried anti anxiety meds?
    theres also cbt that is good for anxiety have you tried it?
    with myself when i get a panic attack i try breathing exercises to steady myself, but i still have issues going outside the house.
  7. cofmadness

Yes I've tried some anti anxiety and depression pills and I find that while they calm me down, in the long run it doesn't do much difference kind of like a band-aid, I wish it would get rid of it for good : /