so low

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lilella44, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i feel so depressed. i dont want to live anymore, and nobody seems to care. i told my mum i was feeling sad, and she said that i have to get a move on with life and stop relying on other people. my boyfriend says he understands coz he feels the same way sometimes, and he says he wants to help but he never does. i have no friends. i'm nearly 16. i want to make an attempt, but i dont want to die. i've attempted twice before and the doctors or my family barely took any notice. my parents got really angry. they didnt care how i felt. it was a cry for help. i'm crying as i write this.

i need them to listen to me.

nobody really understands.

2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hey there lilella,

I'm sorry to hear that nobody in your direct environment seems to take your feelings serious :sad: :hug:
    Perhaps your parents got angry cos they don't want to loose you? I reckon getting angry with a child is a common first reaction when something worrying happens. How often does it happen that a child runs off from home and when the parents find them the first thing they do is get angry cos they'd been so worried :unsure:
    Anyway, have you ever considered contacting the Samaritans? They listen which can be really helpful. :smile: Or if you don't find that to be helpful, you could consider therapy? Maybe if you'd tell your parents that you would like to see a counsellor because of how you're feeling, they might acknowledge that you're feeling this way...

Of course you're also more than welcome to post on here to get things off your chest. We listen and offer you support where we can.

3. pastelmoon

pastelmoon Active Member

Killing yourself isn't the only way to be heard. You can write a letter to your mom, dad and other family members. Ask them to have a family meeting with you because you really need to talk to them. At this time tell them how you feel, cry and let your emotions out. Tell them you feel invisible and you might want to take your own life. Let them know you need help. This way its out in the open and they will have to act on it. If for any reason they still ignore you then talk to a school counselor or anyone who will listen. Until your 18 your parents are responsible for your well being. If they ignore your medical condition, depression and possibly more than that, then they should be held accountable. Child services might need to be called because what you are saying is serious. They are supposed to protect you. Try, at least one more time to talk to them. Use my method or come up with a different one but at least try.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun I'm very proud of you for being able to post your feelings here. And that you realize you want help. So now it's up to you. Don't wait for your parents to do it. Call the local crisis or suicide line. They can give you a wealth of information on support groups, doctors and pdocs. They can also help you with the feelings you are having right now. Once you have the information, take it to your parents. Tell them this is what you need right now! I think that if you present them with this information, they can't ignore the issues. It will also show them that you are mature enough to be taken seriously. Good luck and please keep coming here for support and care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.