so many meds but still suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by faded echoes, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faded echoes

faded echoes Active Member

I can't believe how frustrating this is. I'm on 10 different medications yet I still feel incredibly suicidal. I already tried different ways to help myself, but nothing works I feel like a lost cause, whats left for me to try?

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

:( Sorry to hear of your struggle faded. I hear medication can be tough for the false hope it gives when not working. Please don't do anything rash. Pm somebody with your troubles, talk to your friends and family, go out, enter a crisis ward in the hospital.

:hug: It's so shitty to be suicidal. But just take strength in knowing that it's not your fault for feeling this way, and suicidal thoughts are a symptom of a disease - you don't have to submit.

James.

3. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

sometimes medications might conflict with other meds, to make you feel alot worse then you did.

If you've noticed any change you need to discuss them with your doctor, maybe he can switched out a couple for something else that might help you feel more comfortable.

Not everybody is the same, and, people are highly likely to respond to medications in all different ways.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I think you should go back to your doctor hun and explain that none of the meds are helping,they cant know unless you tell them. Are you in therapy? :hug:

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Faded echoes,
    Welcome to the forum!! I agree with the others that your meds might not be working for you..I have been thru several different meds over the years and find that some of them work for a while and then all of a sudden they stop working so we have to start from scratch.. Being on ten different meds tends to lead me to beleive this might be the case. I also am on a regimine of different meds and have found for the most part they are working. My AD's are what I have the most trouble with..My shrink wants me to try ECT but I refuse because of the side effects that come along with it.

6. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

u dont get suicidal for nothing. something or many things are troubling you and medication is not going to make u feel less suicidal as it is only makes u feel better but not think better. u need to get to the root cause.

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

10 wow you beat me. I'm on seven. My parents thought I was drunk because of the way they make me feel.
    Hang in there :hug:

8. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Try finding a sport which you can fall in love with. Physical exercise can work wonders. While doing the sport you spend time with yourself and get to learn yourself better. Also everytime you do the sport you should feel like you accomplished something.
    Biking, hiking, inline skating, swimming spring to my mind.

9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

You do know meds can't make you happy. The point of them is to tranquilize you so you can be less aware of lifes true shit. Taking a med is like switching the scenery when clearly the situation is still there. I believe doctors use times ability to heal mainly to save you. Though, that is just my theory of meds through my experience.

10. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

im so sorry that your feeling like this. but the meds can only do so much. sadly you have to do the rest. whether it be in therapy or the time outside of therapy. things that get you out the house, if thats possible and that keep your mind occupied. owning a pet can be incredibly theraputic. in fact it was one of the first things my psych suggested to me

talking to your doctor could help. tell him your worried that the meds may be conflicting with each other

good luck x

11. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

One thing I have learnt about meds is, they only seem to work when you are at that point where you say "I have had enough and I am going to change". I think it's the push of your own will alongside the meds that makes things better, almost like a placebo, But I truly do believe they lighten your mood also, making it easier.

But this is difficult if things around you are still bringing you down.

Have you tried getting away from everything around you and starting a-new?
    It might be that old faces, old places, constantly being surrounded by the people and places from your old life are not helping when you want to change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.