So many mistakes

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by shedhaddock, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shedhaddock

shedhaddock Banned Member

I fell out with a friend of mine and i dont know what to say. Im still hurt by the fallout and am struggling to find the words. I just, well i dont know, i miss not talking to my friend and im in deep doggy do. I want things to be ok again, but how can they be if im always going to be blamed for my good intentions and for being smart and caring? I feel like worse than poo

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Is it irreparable?

I fell out with a close friend, and I mean seriously fell out, when she was supposed to feed my rabbits while I was away, but never came round :eek:hmy: Luckily my neighbour fed them or I would never have got over it.
    For weeks I couldn't speak to her, but one day she came up and apologised so profoundly, that I did move on from it and we repaired the rift.

3. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Say I'm sorry if it was your fault. If it was their fault, see if they apologize. Sometimes people pass through our lives only for a short time and then it's time to move on. By all means, forgive yourself-like they say, it takes two to tango. If the other person can't accept your amends, sometimes you have to let them go. Sometimes you simply outgrow another person and have to let them go. I hope things work out for you, but you will know you've done all you can if they still won't make up.

4. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I am an expert in losing friends. I've fallen out with every single significant friend I've ever had. All I can say is, I feel for you, because the pain is intense. Eventually the hurt will lessen, but if they meant that much to you, it may never disappear completely (the feeling), unless you're able to forget about it altogether! Finding a new friend helps. I know it won't ever necessarily be the same, but you'd be surprised how much good they can do in filling that void (at least for me anyway). In any event, it sounds like your heart was in the right place, so even if the execution didn't go as smoothly as you'd planned, you truly should not fault your self for it.

5. letty

letty Banned Member

I am sorry for whatever happened,, i feel like I am losing a good friend right now, and its because of my paranoia i have been a pain lately , so i feel for you and i hope things are able to get fixed again, i hope you hang in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.