so many people being selfish and inconsiderate in the forums and chatroom lately

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregisteredkijyhtgf, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have witnessed it 5 times this week and have spoken to members that were upset. So much sarcasm,selfishness and jealousy going on? seriously y'all need to GROW UP. This is a suicide forum not a playground. It's becoming a joke. People come here for support,to help people, to get help get through whatever has brought them here. This site used to be a much better source of support.

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I know what you mean. It used to be a lot better for supporting people. But I guess the site just changes with the flow of people who register.

3. JustPernicious

JustPernicious Well-Known Member

Have you ever considered the fact that possibly, people joke around in chat on here, because thats how they vent? Or make themselves feel better?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  4. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

As long as they do it in a non-offensive, non-depressing way, I guess no one would complain about it. So I assume there's something indeed wrong around here

That comes from someone who really doesn't know how is the situation or how does it compare to some months ago, so no rants at me, please

5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I've found a lot of help and support here in the forum and I've met some fantastic people here. I also think that being able to have a good rant at the world in general can be a great release of all that angst which can build up inside. However as requiem points out this must not happen in a way that is unsupportive of anyone here. I have to say I have even come upon posts in peoples threads which are either jealous, sarcastic or in some cases simply offensive. Some by people who should know better. We all have our own issues but lets remember what the forum is here for. It is after all a support forum.

6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I've been here over a year and a half, meaning while I'm hardly one of the old-timers I've certainly read my share of posts here. And, guess what, one of constants of this place is people starting threads like this. And I'll bet if I'm still here a year and a half from now, guess what, these sort of threads will be as popular then as they are today, or were when I joined.

7. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Lol. It's true. There's been a few of these since I joined. Stop blaming the new people btw.

8. Why is this relevant? You completely missed the point of my post.

9. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I took him to mean that every few months there's a thread saying, 'it's not like it was a few months back...' It's kind of silly. Why am I even replying to this? I don't know :laugh:

10. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Despite this being a support forum, it doesn't stop an individual being on the receiving end of selfishness and people being inconsiderate and rude to that individual. Best thing to do is brush it off unless it is persistent to you. Don't let it get to you.

11. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Not really, they were stating that this has happened before, so it's not something new.

Though I will agree that there has been more triggering stuff than supportive stuff for a while...

12. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

The site offers a lot in help and support yet it is also true about the too much joking and off topic in chat. It comes by waves so patience and
    when in chat point out that you entered to get helped otherwise youll never
    find anyone to listen to you. The main chat is general talk mostly which is a shame at time. So I agree with both gmork and and snowraven.

we need to be patient even here
    granny

13. There are two members in particular that come here,they never show support to anyone but succeed at putting everyone down.They bully people in full view of everyone and get away with it time after time. Ridiculous.

14. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

there will always be people who miss the point of this site completly and abuse those who are vulnerable.
    its best to ignore these people and take their sport away from them or inform the staff and let them deal with it.
    there are also programs that will take snap shots of your screen so if you need proof of wrong doing for staff then you can get it.

15. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

When you say get away with it, what makes you so sure they haven't been reported and spoken to via PM already? There's not muchpoint complaining about two nameless members...and I don't think there's much that can be done but ignore them :unsure:

16. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I have definately seen the rise of unkind/selfish/hurtful things thrown about in the forums and chat, and think it sad as this is a place for support, not bitchiness and low level sniping...that's what happens in real life too much.
    It's hard but i guess we just gotta ignore the negative commments and only talk/deal with those comments that are serious/positive, ya know? Soon those negative nellys will get bored of their sick 'game' and stop posting s**t.

17. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

As others have said, unregistered - report these members to the staff so we can deal with them - or, if we have done so already, we can keep a closer eye on them :)

18. worlds edge

Bingo. :smile: Except that it seems to be quite a bit more often than that. More like once a week, though I guess that might be individual posts I've read in threads on other topics, where the sentiment is voiced.

Yes, it is.

Same reason I'm responding to this one, I guess.

19. worlds edge

I disagree. I think it is about as it has always been. Hell, my first post here I remember getting a response that I was demon possessed. :rolleyes: A moderator promptly put that poster under moderation, but it still had me looking over my shoulder for some dude with cloven hooves and bat wings, pulling my strings.

20. worlds edge

And the first person to suggest that, "Gee, Patrick, that would explain a lot of things.." gets it: :gun: ... :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.