so many young folks

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ODIECOM, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i noticed in the last week how many young folks are positng.
    young folks with feelings of worthless despair. many who like myself and others try to keep up with their peers. the yearning to be somebody, to own things like others do. the yearning to be someone their not.
    is it because in todays world things are moving faster than we can ?

back in the 60's ppl had imaginations. they had dreams. most of those dreams were built off what ppl saw happening around them.

things today are faster paced. todays ppl are more intrested in themselves and not others or whats going on around them.

the need to " fit in" has become almost a necessity for younger ppl.
    it seems that the desire to be YOUSELF has disappeared.

there are many ppl that have started off late in lifes accomplishments.
    it doenst mean that we are failures.
    so many young folks have such a low self image they never see what they are capable of. we cant try to impress ppl just to impress ourselves.
    happiness doesnt come from achievments. sucess doesnt generate happiness, they are not related. it also takes more to maintain sucess than to achieve it.
    the perception we have of ourself is what effects our relationships with ppl.
    i used to live in a dream world, where everything went my way. i had what i wanted, i lived comfortable ... you can still be alone and be comfy.
    we the ppl are the only ones that allow ourselves to be put down. it doesnt come from what others say about us. its out generalizations and our assumptions that create our negative reactions. in short ... its how think or how we handle our issues that creates the problems.
    i see time and time again, " i have no purpose in life".

your purpose in life is the essence of YOU. its your gifts. its what your passionate about, what you enjoy. what we create adds contribution to your passion. its a natural expression of WHO YOU ARE.

many ppl claim they dont like anything. what they are saying is, nothing they do, is worthy of them. not their thoughts, actions or hopes.

the only way to begin feeling better, is to begin changing your thoughts about yourself. the reason is, if you dont have it, you cant give it.

EVERYONE, has talents and gifts. alot of ppl however, have shut the door on themselves because they see others with things they dont have. immeditate failure comes to mind. you are allowing YOU to take YOURSELF down at the hands of your thoughts.

life is hard, but it becomes harder when we allow ourselves to sit and watch it go by without stepping out of your boat.

find the qualities in your life. even the smallest can be the greatest.

odies thoughts
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Great post Odie.
    I say make it a sticky!
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I would add to your post that there are so many truly valuable services available, so that kids so not have to struggle alone...I am only familiar with services in the US...but would always serve as a resource person if anyone needs help...J
  4. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

That was great. I hope the young people read this and get the message.
  5. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the post :)

However; I suggest that the reason for so many younger people posting lately is -if my schedule is anything similar to theirs- many of us are on summer break leaving us with less things to keep us busy, and more time to sit around being unhappy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.